Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Need A Great Dental Insurance.

Do you have dental insurance?
Yes  
 66%  [ 4 ]
No  
 33%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 6

Flowerpot

Post Fri, Oct 30 2009, 2:04 pm
I need a good dental insurance plan. That is not to expensive and covers most things. with low copays and no extra fees.

And a good dentist in the Flatbush Boro park area.

I added a poll.

Last edited by Flowerpot on Sun, Nov 01 2009, 11:40 am; edited 1 time in total

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Oct 30 2009, 5:01 pm
there isn't one, really.

CuteGirl613

Post Sat, Oct 31 2009, 9:14 pm
It does not exist. There is a certain amount of time you have to wait to do dental work. They will also only pay out a certain amount. They won't cover braces either.
The only time it pays to take dental insurance if the company you or your husband offers it.

NYmommy

Post Sat, Oct 31 2009, 9:35 pm
I have Fidelity. Not the best but the best I could find. You pay $260 per family per year & they cover approx half of all expenses (procedures like root canal you will pay approx $450 out of pocket instead of $1000)

4Sisters

Post Sat, Oct 31 2009, 11:20 pm
I'm currently looking into "dental discount" plans. They don't have the same waiting time as insurance (which I have found can require you to wait six months before they will pay for much of anything other than a cleaning). While they offer less of a discount, they seem to be much less expensive (like $169/year for a family).

I was hoping someone would have the answer to this question Smile, but, like the others, I don't think there really is a good answer.....

chocolate moose

Post Sat, Oct 31 2009, 11:31 pm
The thing is, these plans have each dentist pay to join, but YOU don't pay when you see them. That means that they are losing money form the get-go, and then when you see them, they often drum up the work you need. A dentist is a businessperson, and there's almost no way to know if what he is doing is necessary or not.

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Nov 01 2009, 12:26 am
Medicaid HMos cover a lot of dental...

Flowerpot

Post Sun, Nov 01 2009, 1:54 am
0181 wrote:
I have Fidelity. Not the best but the best I could find. You pay $260 per family per year & they cover approx half of all expenses (procedures like root canal you will pay approx $450 out of pocket instead of $1000)

Are you happy with them ?
Do they cover annual visits?
Which dentist do you use?

I don't need much work done. The most I ever got was a filling. But I was thinking of removing a wisdom tooth n my dentist said shld be aprox $750. So would they pay half of that?

Flowerpot

Post Sun, Nov 01 2009, 1:56 am
Mama Bear wrote:
Medicaid HMos cover a lot of dental...

Sorry not everyone can get an HMO so enjoy it.

NYmommy

Post Sun, Nov 01 2009, 10:14 am
Flowerpot wrote:
0181 wrote:

Are you happy with them ?
Do they cover annual visits?
Which dentist do you use?

I don't need much work done. The most I ever got was a filling. But I was thinking of removing a wisdom tooth n my dentist said shld be aprox $750. So would they pay half of that?

I am happy with this plan since it was the best I could get. We had medicaid till now which paid almost everything... I checked the prices for extractions. I think you will pay approx $165-$200. (Im not 100% sure since on this sheet I see there are different type of extractions like simplex or complex etc)

They dont cover anything 100% however instead of paying approx $140 for cleaning, polishing & scaling you will pay $40. The disadvantage of this insurance is that not all dentist accept it. I finally found a good one that accepts it but had a hard time. I'm in upstate NY if you are still interested who I use I'll gladly post it.

Flowerpot

Post Sun, Nov 01 2009, 11:44 am
No I am in brooklyn so that won't work.

Does anyone else have dental insurance in brooklyn and is happy w/ it.

NYmommy

Post Sun, Nov 01 2009, 11:48 am
One more thing, my insurance is not only in upstate its avail in Brooklyn too. But cant help you with finding a dentist that accepts it.

Flowerpot

Post Sun, Nov 01 2009, 12:50 pm
Ok thanks I will look into it.

Any other ideas

Cookies n Cream

Post Sun, Nov 01 2009, 2:04 pm
If you are unable to get insurance, I believe Dr. Marc Herz charges only 550 to pull a wisdom teeth(as opposed to 750 in your post)

Flowerpot

Post Sun, Nov 01 2009, 2:17 pm
I can get insurance if only some women here would be so kind and share which insurance they have.

Cookies n Cream

Post Sun, Nov 01 2009, 2:38 pm
I know s/o that has dental insurance, but he got it through work. It only comes out worth it for him, because he goes to the dentist very very often. He pays a lot for it, and even then they have a cap:they only cover up to a certain amount of $ a year...

From what I understand it would NOT be worth it for you to get it just to pull a wisdom tooth.....

Hatzlacha

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Nov 01 2009, 2:45 pm
the dental clinic of NYU inManhattan is pretty cheap.

nylon

Post Mon, Nov 02 2009, 12:01 am
It can be hard to get in at the dental school.

Buying dental on your own rarely pays. They charge a fortune and there's a waiting period, because even more than health insurance, people only buy if they need to use it. People who have good dental have it through work.

Flowerpot

Post Mon, Nov 02 2009, 12:45 pm
3 women voted that they have ins. can you tell me what you have.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries