Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Going bonkers hellp, or gonna throw this comp out!!!

Tefila

Post Wed, May 03 2006, 3:35 pm
So here I have up to date firewall, parental anti virus anti blocker yada yada.
And for some reason this past week since we got comp fixed, it's aint working at blocking ads. Exploding anger what have I done. I am getting sttttttrrrange ads on imamother site by google on my left hand site huuuhh shock shock shock shock shock shock shock

Last edited by Tefila on Wed, May 03 2006, 3:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

hisorerus

Post Wed, May 03 2006, 3:38 pm
Try Firefox with AdBlocker- just right-click and tell it to block all google ads Very Happy

Tefila

Post Wed, May 03 2006, 4:00 pm
Thanks his. What I ended up doing, before recieved your reply was block cookies the problem now is I can't get anything oy. I need my son a free comp techi and he's in Yeshiva Confused .

hisorerus

Post Wed, May 03 2006, 4:40 pm
I'm a comp techie too, but I have a Mac! Very Happy I could walk you through setting up Firefox, though, if you want.

goldrose

Post Wed, May 03 2006, 5:32 pm
his, what do you like better about the mac?

hisorerus

Post Wed, May 03 2006, 7:46 pm
Oy vey! Now you're in for a long one... I love EVERYTHING about the Mac. You probably have a lot of misconceptions about Macs (bet you think they're more expensive, harder to use, incompatible with every program, "only for artists", etc.). Totally not so.

I love my Mac because it's reliable, well-made, comes with better programs, works very well with Hebrew, is faster, cheaper in the long run (I have a 4-year old computer that was outdated when I bought it- I could probably still sell it for $300). Lots of freeware programs, system VERY rarely crashes even though I regularly have 10 or more programs running simultaneously, lots of security built in (I don't have anti-virus software, but never had a virus), very easy to use, screen color is very good, computer looks good Smile, no "jagged" fonts...

Windows is still working on their next major release, while Apple released 3 major upgrades. What is there NOT to like about a Mac? Very Happy

ektsm

Post Wed, May 03 2006, 7:47 pm
You can get a new one through dell and they have a great payment plan

hisorerus

Post Wed, May 03 2006, 7:55 pm
Apple also has a payment plan! If you never tried Mac, you don't know what you're missing. But I'd NEVER go back to Windoze. Very Happy
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics