Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Desserts
Runny Chocolate Molten Cake
1  2  Next

First Lady

Post Sun, Jan 20 2008, 2:57 am
I believe that is what it's called. They serve it as dessert in many restaurants. It's a hot chocolate cake with runny melted hot chocolate in the center....YUM.

Anybody have a recipe please?

lovmyboys

Post Sun, Jan 20 2008, 4:47 am
Is this what youre talking about??

Molten Chocolate Cakes

Ganache:

4 oz. semisweet chocolate

1/2 C. whipping cream

Grate the chocolate and place it in a bowl. Bring the whipping cream just to a boil and pour it over the chocolate. Slowly stir until smooth. Transfer the mixture into a shallow glass dish and let it cool slightly, about 10 minutes, the place it in the freezer to chill, 1 hour.

Scoop out 10 balls using a 1/2 t. measuring spoon and shape them so they're round. Chill until ready to use.

Cake:

14 oz. bittersweet chocolate

1 1/4 C. butter

1 T. flour

10 egg yolks

7 T. sugar

Nonstick cooking spray

Powdered sugar, for dusting

Heat the oven to 375°F.

Melt the chocolate and butter in the top of a double boiler set over, but not touching, simmering water. Stir in the flour and remove from the heat to cool slightly.

Whip the yolks in the bowl of an electric mixer and slowly add the sugar until the whisk leaves a thick ribbon that stays on top of the batter when it is lifted out, about 5 minutes.

Pour the chocolate into the yolk-sugar mixture and gently fold them together.

Spray 10 (½-cup) ramekins with cooking spray. Half-fill each with chocolate batter, place 1 ganache ball in the center and then continue filling to the top with more batter.

Place the ramekins on a rimmed baking sheet. (The recipe can be made ahead to this point up to 1 hour in advance and stored at room temperature, or 1 week in advance and frozen, tightly covered.)

Bake the cakes until they begin to pull away from the sides of the ramekins, 13 to 15 minutes. Dust with powdered sugar.

Serves 10.

I never made it so I cant tell you how they are but they sound amazing...enjoy!

mali

Post Sun, Jan 20 2008, 4:59 am
yum! can't wait to try it! (I think defy once posted the recipe, but I wasn't up to preparing it then).

First Lady

Post Sun, Jan 20 2008, 10:07 am
Woohoo! Thank You!!

This is what I want to treat myself with when I lose my desired weight. Can't wait.

BP MOM

Post Sun, Jan 20 2008, 10:30 am
I made the hot chocolate ramekins on chanukah for desserts for our parties.
I used Susie Fishbeins recipe from quick on time.
It's heavenly and not too hard to make.

mamad

Post Mon, Mar 17 2008, 4:52 pm
make the cake-like duncan hines brownies and pour them into ramekins cook for about 15 minutes until outside is cooked and inside is still a bit runny. Serve with scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. The easiest recipe for a fancy dessert.

florida1

Post Mon, Mar 31 2008, 8:29 pm
mamad: which dunken heinz cake is it ???? that you use for this recipe

florida1

Post Mon, Mar 31 2008, 10:05 pm
bump

mamad

Post Tue, Apr 01 2008, 1:17 am
I dont remember exactly which one I use, but I dont think it matters. On the back of the box there is a choice to make cake-like brownies or fudgy ones and you should make the cake-like ones. if you look at the recipe in Susie Fishbeins cook book, she uses a reg brownie recipe as well, this is simpler bec you dont have to make the whole thing from scratch.

GingerSpice

Post Thu, Jun 26 2008, 5:42 pm
whats a ramekins?

greeneyes

Post Thu, Jun 26 2008, 6:15 pm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramekin

I love ramekins! They are so much fun to use! I use mine to make little apple cobblers, mini shepherds pies, hot chocolate souffles, and whatever else I can think of.

GingerSpice

Post Thu, Jun 26 2008, 6:46 pm
thanx for the link

Maya

Post Thu, Jun 26 2008, 7:47 pm
Greeneyes, I love those little ramekins, too, but never know what to use them for. Do you have a recipe for apple cobbler that I can make in the ramekins? Thanks.

bpgirl

Post Thu, Jun 26 2008, 8:10 pm
I buy it in the grocery freezer its called runny chips then I put it in the oven or micrwave for a few min its delicous and runny.............................
yum

ss321

Post Thu, Jun 26 2008, 8:52 pm
Maya wrote:
Greeneyes, I love those little ramekins, too, but never know what to use them for. Do you have a recipe for apple cobbler that I can make in the ramekins? Thanks.

do you have the KBD kids in the kitchen recipe book? the apple cobbler in there is the best ive ever made. and its SOO easy.
I dont remember offhand EXACTLY, but its something like this (and anyway -being that its not like im baking a cake or challah, something that needs to rise, I basically do it to taste)

4 apples (that basically means 1 apple per ramekin. I usually double or triple this)
2 tablespoons flour
1/2 c sugar
juice of 1/2 lemon (I use about 1.5 tablespoons lemon juice from a bottle)
1 (or maybe it was 2? I dunno, I just add till I like the taste) tbsp cinnamon

Now the kids recipe book says cut the apples into little pieces, but that is time consuming (I guess fun for little kids though?), so I just throw the peeled and cored apples into the cuisinart. Then you add the flour sugar and cinnamon. Scoop that into the ramekin dishes.

Then the topping is:
1/2 c br sugar
1/2 c flour
1/2 c walnuts or pecans
1/2 c oatmeal
cinnamon to taste
and a whopping 8 tablespoons margarine (I use four, I add vanilla extract to give it a bit more "moisture" that its missing from the margarine)

cook at 375 for 1 hr .

That is NOT exact, but its not the type of recipe that I ever follow exactly. Ive never taken out a measuring cup for it. And if you serve it w/ a spoonful of ice cream (butter pecan, vanilla, or pistachio go great), its delish...I try to serve em warm fri nite....

greeneyes

Post Mon, Jun 30 2008, 2:18 pm
Maya, I was also going to recommend that recipe from KBD kids in the kitchen that ss321 posted. I know you asked specifically for an apple cobbler recipe, but another really yummy recipe is the peach and berry crisp in KBD entertains. If you don't have the cookbook, and you'd like the recipe, let me know!

OldYoung

Post Mon, Jun 30 2008, 2:28 pm
in case anyone's still looking, I posted this somewhere else- not sure which one. you can use ramekins instead of cupcake holders/ muffin tins- this recipe is very easy Wink

Molten Chocolate Surprise

4 squares BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate (I just use the same oz. of chocolate chips)
1/2 cup (1 stick) margarine
2 whole eggs
2 egg yolks
1 cup powdered sugar
1/3 cup flour
12 CHIPS AHOY! Real Chocolate Chip Cookies (Lieber's makes great substitute- I think they're called Chip's Wow??- perfect size and texture)
Whipped Cream (garnish, I like vanilla ice cream instead)

PREHEAT oven to 425°F.

Melt chocolate and margarine in large pot. Stir with wire whisk until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is well blended. Beat whole eggs, egg yolks, sugar and flour with wire whisk until well blended. Gradually add to chocolate mixture, beating constantly until well blended.

LINE 12 medium muffin cups with paper liners; spray with cooking spray. Place 1 cookie, upside-down, on bottom of each cup; cover evenly with batter.

BAKE 8 min. or until cakes are firm around edges but still soft in centers. Let stand 1 min. Carefully remove cakes from muffin pan. Invert onto dessert dishes (I do this right before serving instead of right after baking); remove paper liners. Serve with whipped topping.

mc'cutie

Post Mon, Jul 07 2008, 9:12 pm
if anyone tried lovemyboys recipe, I would appreciate to know how it turned out.

R&RMom

Post Mon, Jul 07 2008, 10:43 pm
or you could just pick it up in the freezer section of your local grocery...I is madw by a company called Graciella and they sell Runny chip cookies or chocolate soufle...I put those in the ramikens and in the over for a few minutes...then top with ice cream...yummy!

Smiles

Post Mon, Mar 09 2009, 12:51 pm
How much in advance can I make this? Do I freeze them or refridgerate them?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics