Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Dairy / Meat Sinks ???
1  2  Next

Which side is your Dairy / Meat Sink?
Dairy on the Right, Meat on the Left  
 47%  [ 20 ]
Meat on the Right, Dairy on the Left  
 30%  [ 13 ]
Other? (Please Explain)  
 21%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 42

Mishie

Post Thu, May 04 2006, 5:45 am
Which side are your Dairy / Meat sinks??

8)

TzenaRena

Post Thu, May 04 2006, 7:13 am
My Kitchen is a Ches shape, with Dairy counter and cooktop on left side, Meat counter, and gas range on right side, with the sinks in the corners divided by another 5 feet of counter, which is 3/4 meat and 1/4 dairy, with a divider in between.

The sinks are distanced from each other, and additionally we installed anti-siphon valves, so that there's no backup between them.

I love having everything so separate.

ektsm

Post Thu, May 04 2006, 7:24 am
Wow sarahehudis your kitchen sounds very nice.

happy2beme

Post Thu, May 04 2006, 8:36 am
what is anti-siphon valves?

sarahd

Post Thu, May 04 2006, 8:37 am
What do you do for pareve? Do you have an island?

sarahd

Post Thu, May 04 2006, 8:39 am
My kitchen will iy"h have meat on the right and dairy on the top of our sort of truncated ches, seperated by the stove. Right now I have one sink for everything.

chen

Post Thu, May 04 2006, 9:10 am
whichever sink is deeper becomes the fleishik one.

gryp

Post Thu, May 04 2006, 9:32 am
I have two sinks and theyre both treif. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
they are way too close to each other, and theyre connected underneath so theres potential backup. (I see soap bubbles coming up when I do the laundry)

but theres no such thing as dirty dishes in my sink!!!

red sea

Post Thu, May 04 2006, 9:45 am
In my house we have a galley kitchen so one wall is milk and the other is all meat and there is a small tiny piece of counter next to the stovetop which is officially parve.

girlsmom

Post Thu, May 04 2006, 1:34 pm
My new apartment has two sinks so I finally have kosher sinks. The problem is before I had no choice but to wash the dishes right away because there was no where to put them but now...

hisorerus

Post Thu, May 04 2006, 1:42 pm
I just have an entirely fleishig kitchen- both sinks of my double sink are fleishig. I just use a sandwich maker for Milchigs and that's it!

ButterflyGarden

Post Thu, May 04 2006, 4:13 pm
Our kitchen has two counters and the sinks face each other.

Tefila

Post Thu, May 04 2006, 4:17 pm
just have an entirely fleishig kitchen- both sinks of my double sink are fleishig -quote

Ditto hisorerus! But we installed a seperate milchig area in the seperate end of kitchen. Like an L shape. Yes My fleishig too is a ches shape but it being narrow didn't work well at seperation. Thats why we installed this

didan

Post Thu, May 04 2006, 4:38 pm
B"H

hisorerus wrote:
I just have an entirely fleishig kitchen- both sinks of my double sink are fleishig. I just use a sandwich maker for Milchigs and that's it!

Same here! We have a Milchig toaster oven.

girlsmom

Post Thu, May 04 2006, 5:25 pm
Wow, we're the total opposites. Fleishig is only for Shabbos and maybe one other day during the week. If not for that my whole kitchen would be milchig. We use it a whole lot more.

amother

Post Thu, May 04 2006, 9:48 pm
my kitchen is also only fleishigs except for a tiny counter that has the milchig toaster oven on it. but I have only a tiny kitchen - (when I'm a niddah my husband and I can't even walk past each other!!) and one sink so it was either treif or fleishig. I can't wait to have a two sinks!

shabbatiscoming

Post Fri, May 05 2006, 9:08 am
I dont have a specific side for basari and chalavi. my kitchen is toooo small so whatever counter space I have is used for whatever I am doing at that pesent time.

DefyGravity

Post Fri, May 05 2006, 11:01 am
Ditto that, but I have two separate ovens.

Raisin

Post Sat, May 06 2006, 6:08 pm
Just wondering - can anyone give me a halachic reason for having a pareve counter? I don't have one and I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong? Confused What do you do with it? Make challa? cakes? Does making cake on a clean fleishig or milchig counter turn it fleishig or milchig?

All I have pareve is some mixing bowls, a hand mixer etc and my amazing bread machine. (makes the best challa ever)

sarahd

Post Sat, May 06 2006, 6:34 pm
I use my pareve surface to make challah (and work with all other pareve doughs). I wouldn't take the chance that the milchig/fleishig surface was not perfectly clean. I also use it for preparing all pareve foods - and as a matter of course, I prepare anything that doesn't have to be milchig or fleishig as pareve, I.e. soups, kugels, desserts, salads. In fact, my biggest working area is pareve.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen