Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Going rate for evening babysitter
Previous  1  2  3

Atali

Post Wed, Nov 04 2009, 2:10 pm
$2 per hour as commission seems reasonable to me and I am impressed with the business idea.

Raisin

Post Wed, Nov 04 2009, 2:15 pm
MrsLeo wrote:
Pickle Lady wrote:
Would you know all these girls personally? I dont use babysitters unless a friend of mine has also used her. I also wont pay more than $10 for a mature girl like after high school. I dont use high school girls for babysitting. Then are often unreliable in my experience. When I babysat 15 years ago as a teenager in the city of chicago for very wealthy families I never made more than 5$ an hour. Then when I babysat in a new jersey suburb for religious families I never made more than $6. I honestly think that a high schooler shouldnt get paid more than $8.

Where do you find girls that are out of high school that babysit. Most girls that are out of high school consider themselves too mature to babysit.

I am calling every girl's reference and interviewing if possible unless someone I know personally recommends them.

seminary girls or college students.

flowerpower

Post Wed, Nov 04 2009, 3:14 pm
Teenager-seven
grown adult-ten

chayitty

Post Wed, Nov 04 2009, 3:18 pm
I wrote I give 10 an hr...but thats cuz I usally go out for 2 hrs...if I would go out for 5 or 6 hrs. I prob. would give less...most girls ask for 8 I just hate looking for change and dont mind over paying a lil...but when its a lot of hrs even if I round off and give a lil extra it might not be 10

cindy324

Post Wed, Nov 04 2009, 9:23 pm
My daughter is 14 and a half and she takes $8/hr. When I was in high school, circa early 90's, I got $5/hr, and that was generous then. Now $8-10 is the norm. BTW I live in Boro PArk.

Appletree

Post Wed, Nov 04 2009, 9:38 pm
I pay 8, but if my baby is up and she has to give a bottle, pamper the baby I always give a couple of dollars extra

mcmom

Post Wed, Nov 04 2009, 10:24 pm
Think this is a great idea. I always pay $10 an hour no matter if it's for 2 hours or 5. My children always sleep and they do nothing besides for talk on the phone.

morahaviva

Post Wed, Nov 04 2009, 11:20 pm
DD started babysitting this year. I told her to ask for 6 if the kids are asleep, 7 if they are awake. Ppl never ask her , though, and usually just give her 10!
But even if the kids are asleep, a sitter is giving up her time for you, to watch your child. And many times kids do wake up, for a drink, bathroom, nightmare, paci,,,etc. So while I think its crazy that my 13 yo dd is making 10 an hour , when I get 12 an hour as a preschool teacher... I am happy for her, and happier that she doesnt charge ME when she watches her siblings!!
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries