Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Kosher Children's Vitamins
1  2  Next

Do you give your children vitamins?
Always  
 31%  [ 25 ]
Never  
 31%  [ 25 ]
Sometimes  
 37%  [ 30 ]
Total Votes : 80

Lady Godiva

Post Wed, Nov 04 2009, 11:03 am
My son's doctor suggested that he start taking vitamins with iron. Are there any brands that are known to be kosher?
Anybody give their children chewable vitamins?
Thanks.

Emee

Post Wed, Nov 04 2009, 11:28 am
if you are in NY you have lots of options if not it may be more difficult. But there is maxi health and freeda. I think theses are the most common kosher brands.

twerpz

Post Wed, Nov 04 2009, 11:31 am
The Health Shoppe on 13th ave is great. They have a very large selection of kosher vitamins and are good at giving you the right vitamins/ supplements.

Flowerpot

Post Wed, Nov 04 2009, 2:12 pm
I use shaklee they have a star K. And best of all they get delivered right to your door.

lizza1984

Post Wed, Nov 04 2009, 2:12 pm
the way you prepare food can drain all the nutrients from the food. Supplements are a great way to add way has been lost. Quick steaming is the best way to retain the most vitamins in food.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Nov 04 2009, 2:39 pm
I never gave any to my kids. I hated taking then as a child.

and we all turned out fine !!!

Meema2Kids

Post Wed, Nov 04 2009, 2:40 pm
I give them probably 4 days each week. We got ours from koshervitamins.com

supermama2

Post Wed, Nov 04 2009, 5:42 pm
I give daily. I get them from koshervitamins.com .

Ashrei

Post Wed, Nov 04 2009, 6:28 pm
Enfamil makes a multivitamin w/iron, and also just a plain iron supplement. I give dd, 22mo, the latter. It has an OU on it.

It definitely works because after using it for a while, her hemoglobin count greatly improved.

They are drops. I give her the iron drops, and a gummy multivitamin every day. (although sometimes I do forget, so I guess about 4-5 times a week on average)

ra_mom

Post Wed, Nov 04 2009, 7:53 pm
Yes.
There are so many options out there. Just walk into any Kosher health food store, and they'll be able to help you.
Btw, the Health Shoppe on 13th Ave has open bottles so you can sample the different tastes, and see which one your child likes best.

NotInNJMommy

Post Wed, Nov 04 2009, 8:15 pm
I use Zahler's. Kids get Vit C daily (250 mg--they're only 2 y and 4 yr bli ayin hara), and a multi vitamin daily as well--especially in the darker mos (dr. wanted them to have a vitamin D supplement--BTW it's done wonders on dd's excema)

I try to do it everyday, but probably miss a couple days here and there. I give ds (4 yo) 1 extra vit c if he's sick.

new-here

Post Thu, Nov 05 2009, 11:32 am
I recently started buying the Navitco Bears multi vitamin. They come in chocolate or in a jelly form. My kids LOVE it and BEG for more!

Lady Godiva

Post Thu, Nov 05 2009, 2:42 pm
Thanks everybody. I'm going to check out some of these brands.
Thanks for the name of the website, SarahO.

gold21

Post Thu, Nov 05 2009, 3:24 pm
the navitco chocolate bears are great!

daisy

Post Thu, Nov 05 2009, 3:33 pm
Another vote for koshervitamins.com, zahlers multi-vitamin, and navitco chocolate bears. I wish the chocolate bears came in calcium, I keep trying different chewable calcium and my kids won't touch it. I end up using their calcium!

CuteGirl613

Post Thu, Nov 05 2009, 5:14 pm
My kids love Navitco. I stopped giving it to them cuz the guy in the health food store told me its an excuse for vitamins.

cutemother

Post Thu, Nov 05 2009, 6:04 pm
I give my kids Shaklee vitamins every day!

neverbored

Post Thu, Nov 05 2009, 8:39 pm
Another vote for Navitco chewable gummi bears as well as the Landaus vitamin C that I give in adition to that. I get mine at Landaus Health on 13th between 52nd and 53rd.

amother

Post Tue, Jun 08 2010, 12:17 pm
my kids love the freeda multi vitamin and for my 2 year old who is lactose intollarant they have somtehing called cal-mint. I would way rather give Freeda because I know my kids are getting something really pure. Freedas Vitamins are free of all harmful additives like sugar, artificial colors and flavors....

NativeMom

Post Tue, Jun 08 2010, 12:19 pm
We like Maxi Health and Zahlers
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics