Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
15 month old refuses to sleep at night

e1234

Post Thu, Nov 05 2009, 3:32 am
what am I supposed to do?
my 15 month old wakes up - wants to play and then gets tired and cries and cries.
if I put him in his crib he screams - last night I ended up holding him and rubbing his stomach till he finally fell asleep but he was up a short time later.
He was sleeping better for a while (waking to eat but then would go right back to sleep)
don't know if it could be teeth - what would you do?
I can't handle being up with him all night. (and he's not a newborn that I can just hold/feed while I sleep)

the world's best mom

Post Thu, Nov 05 2009, 7:00 am
Let him have a playdate with my 16 month old who does the same thing. Then at least one of us can sleep, while the other wathes them. LOL

e1234

Post Thu, Nov 05 2009, 7:14 am
would you give tylenol if the kid is so kvetchy but no fever and I didn't know what was bothering him. (it could he was just so overtired)

amother

Post Sun, Nov 08 2009, 12:06 pm
did you try the ferber method?

e1234

Post Mon, Nov 09 2009, 1:56 am
so last night I had all the other kids on the couch and yes he cried a few minutes and went back to sleep

but I can't do it in general -- he shares a room with his siblings and I don't have another room - and if I let him cry they come reporting that he's crying and they can't sleep.
I know he needs a few minutes sometime to cry himself back to sleep but it's so difficult to do with other children.

amother

Post Mon, Nov 09 2009, 4:19 am
so I have the same prob my baby sleeps with my seven year old and he does end up waking him, if he just seems to be crying every so often my boy moves into my daughters room on a blow up matress thats ready to be used, its not the most convenient I know but there's no other option. Sad hopefully after 3 days of this he'll sleep better...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics