Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Need new cordless-need suggestions b4 I give birth

hinda

Post Wed, Oct 14 2009, 6:25 am
I am desperate for a new cordless phone and must purchase one within the next two weeks.It is important that I can turn the phone off as currently,my cordless has no such feature. Its also important that it has good reception, is headset comaptible,can handle two lines and has several handsets that are easily rechargeable.If you ahve ANY thoughts,ideas or advice on what to/not to buy please share asap-Im desperate!!

mother48

Post Wed, Oct 14 2009, 2:44 pm
no advice, but I love that you're nesting before the baby comes! I couldn't give birth until I had a garlic press in the house! feel good Smile

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Oct 15 2009, 6:30 am
Of the many people I spoke to, all recommended Panasonic as the brand they had most hatzlacha with.

happy2beme

Post Thu, Oct 15 2009, 8:32 am
Get a phone with the talking caller id feature! it makes life so much easier, especially if u have a newborn & u dont have to go running to the phone if it's not an important call.... it's my fave feauture!

Meema2Kids

Post Thu, Oct 15 2009, 8:43 am
I was very happy with my panasonic (that is, until someone dropped it in some water). It was very flexible and had all the features I needed and got very good reception. Unfortunately I couldn't afford to replace it with another panasonic, had to get a uniden and really do not like that one at all.

Meema2Kids

Post Thu, Oct 15 2009, 8:46 am
What I liked about the panasonic (vs the uniden):
you could locate one handset individually (with uniden all of them beep so it's very hard to find the one that's missing with all the others making noise)
automatically adds a 1 to caller id numbers outside your area code (which you program)
great reception

It does have an option to lower the volume on the ringer or turn it off. The newer models allow up to 4 lines.

Pickle Lady

Post Thu, Oct 15 2009, 9:00 am
I also get panansonics. I get the refurbished ones because I know they wont last that long in my home anyways with the kids.

Meema2Kids

Post Thu, Oct 15 2009, 9:01 am
where do you get your panasonics? I looked at refurbished ones and they were still twice as much as the refurbished uniden I eventually bought. (Maybe for a reason!!)

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Oct 15 2009, 9:03 am
Check ebay for cheaper panasonics. That's how I got mine (when replacing my V-Tech, which by the way also allows for adding a 1 for area codes. My V-tech lasted about 5 years, but we replaced it when the LCD was going. I did have to replace the battery 2 years into it since it would just not charge. I've only had my Panasonic set for a few months now. The only complaints I have regarding my model is there is no backlight or headset capability, but I got the cheapest I could find Smile There were many other options out there but I didn't want to spend so much.)

hinda

Post Thu, Oct 15 2009, 3:56 pm
Model numbers of recommended models would be much appreciate dif you have afree moment
Thanks
Wanted to check Consumer Reports but apparently you have to $$$$ to belong to their site ;( Maybe Ill see if theres a consumer reports magazine at the library that ranks cordless phones.

hinda

Post Thu, Oct 15 2009, 3:56 pm
Model numbers of recommended models would be much appreciate dif you have afree moment
Thanks
Wanted to check Consumer Reports but apparently you have to $$$$ to belong to their site ;( Maybe Ill see if theres a consumer reports magazine at the library that ranks cordless phones.

punktfarkert

Post Thu, Oct 15 2009, 4:11 pm
Another vote for Panasonic. Had a fantastic experience with a panasonic cordless - used it for years! Then decided that I liked a feature on a GE phone - the whole phone is a complete disaster. I hate it! I'm desperate for another Panasonic... Will probably get one and try to sell this hunk-o-junk on Craig's List.

Meema2Kids

Post Thu, Oct 15 2009, 5:27 pm
Another thing I liked about the panasonic - the caller ID showed when playing back messages - very helpful!

I think most panasonics work the same way (at least unidens do, my mom, my sister and I all have different models and they all work the same as far as the things I mentioned). The differences between models will mostly be: number of handsets, amount of memory, number of lines, type of cordless technology (digital or "analog").

rainbow

Post Wed, Nov 11 2009, 9:16 pm
I shop at costco dot com and if the panasonic breaks, or doesn't work to my liking, I call them up and they pick it up! Then I order a new one...

myprincess

Post Wed, Nov 11 2009, 9:33 pm
Hi! I have a panasonic cordless phone with 3 headsets the model number on the headset is kx-tga600s I was too lazy to look at the base model number but I'm sure you can find it through searching this one... I am very happy with the phone I have it for 2 years and had bought it originaly from ebay. it works very good has talking cid and is very strong, I have a 13 month old who always has my phone and drops it on my porcelain floor all the time, it just makes some scratches on the phone thats all. I did have once on Yom Kippur my daughter through the phone into the toilet and I couldnt take it out was there for about an hour till she took it out, and my phone was dead. I sent it back and they replaced it...
good luck to you... Bshoe tova
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars