Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Diet pills

Flowerchild

Post Sun, May 07 2006, 10:17 am
are there any diet pills that are a)kosher, b) safe or remotley safe to take, c) work or help along side excersise.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, May 07 2006, 10:56 am
you might look into something herbal, but they have side effects too.

Milk Munch

Post Sun, May 07 2006, 1:51 pm
I've heard some really scary stories about diet pills. Make sure you ask your doctor before you take any of them.

Nachisdoll

Post Wed, May 10 2006, 4:10 pm
Try intensly dieting...I went to a dietician 8 mnths after my baby was born the diet started off craziely but now its much easier and I lost 15lb and continuing baruch hashem! Confused I always wished there was a magic pill! I wanna know how to get rid of my flubby stomach it still looks gross!

Flowerchild

Post Wed, May 10 2006, 4:13 pm
yeah I changed my mind about diet pills its not worth it, diet and excersise and patience

Nachisdoll

Post Wed, May 10 2006, 4:30 pm
my grandfather (aval hashalom) taught me one italian word patseinsa (I have no clue how to spell) it means patience...its a virtue...but we all just want the weight to fall off! Very Happy good luck

batya_d

Post Wed, May 10 2006, 4:39 pm
If there was a safe diet pill that really worked, I think we would all know about it by now!

red sea

Post Wed, May 10 2006, 4:41 pm
batya_d wrote:
If there was a safe diet pill that really worked, I think we would all know about it by now!

Thumbs Up

batya_d

Post Wed, May 10 2006, 4:45 pm
red sea wrote:
batya_d wrote:

Thumbs Up

I got my first Thumbs Up on Imamother! Look at me! Look at me! I feel so validated! Tongue Out

DefyGravity

Post Wed, May 10 2006, 4:52 pm
There ARE pills that supress your appetite. I've never used anything specifically for dieting, but when I was on a different medication a few months ago, a side affect was decreased appetite. I lost weight so quickly while I was on that (and gained some back afterwards)!

batya_d

Post Wed, May 10 2006, 5:03 pm
DefyGravity wrote:
There ARE pills that supress your appetite. I've never used anything specifically for dieting, but when I was on a different medication a few months ago, a side affect was decreased appetite. I lost weight so quickly while I was on that (and gained some back afterwards)!

But I'm almost 100% sure that these are not safe, even the herbal ones. I was always told that appetite suppressants are basically speed (amphetamines), which will naturally decrease your appetite, but can cause heart palpitations and potenitially harmful side effects. Even herbal ephedrines have been known to have these effects.

Nachisdoll

Post Thu, May 11 2006, 9:10 am
Eat a teaspoon of course bran before each meal! Confused it works...and eat a teaspoon when ur in the mood of eating and shouldnt be. Its course and hard to swallow but if you put it in your mouth and then drink water youll be fine! good luck!

cutemother

Post Sun, Oct 22 2006, 6:07 pm
I know of an excellent weight loss program with proven results. it is so safe and natural. I prefer not to post it here but feel free to pm me.

cindy324

Post Sun, Oct 22 2006, 9:31 pm
Ok , about those appetite suppressants. Yes , they can have side effects, but they are not meant ot be taken for longer than 3 months. I'm on Tenuet for the last month. I am desperate to lose 15-20 lbs and been really struggling with it. I had a big problem controlling myself around the 4 PM slump. I was noshing on the kids dinner, I was so hungry, I had no energy to go to the gym at night. So I went to my doc, asked him for it and he gave it to me. I have absolutely no side effects from it other than for the very first day on it. the first day, I felt like I was on a high, ran for 40 minutes on the treadmill, pumped weights for another 30 minutes, and I also was awake pretty much all night. After about 5 days, all those side effects have dissappeared, I even take it later , towards noon , so that it'll keep me from getting hungry at night, I drink coffee even, and don't feel one bit jittery. I also sleep fine .

As far as suppressing the appetite, it doesn't work as well as I 'd like it to, but I'm able to control myself a lot more at 4:00 Pm, I'm NOT starved, and it gives me just enough energy to get my behind to the gym. I also don't feel like I need a nap midafternoon, like I used to. Whatever I do eat, is healthy, low fat, good carbs, lots of fish and chicken.

cindy324

Post Sun, Oct 22 2006, 9:33 pm
deleted
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise