Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
Overnight potato kugel for shabbos day?

Kumphort

Post Wed, Nov 11 2009, 8:45 pm
I was wondering if it's possible to make overnite potato kugel to serve for shabbos day, if I leave my oven on all night, and dont use it at night? can I make a kugel and serve fresh on shabbos day?

Any tips on doing that?

scb88

Post Wed, Nov 11 2009, 8:50 pm
I do this all the time. I wrap a fully baked (sometimes even frozen) potato kugel in foil, and place in the crockpot, on top of the cholent. Everyone always loves it!

clew

Post Wed, Nov 11 2009, 8:55 pm
You can also leave it very well wrapped in a very low temp oven (200 max).
Also leave a pan of water on the bottom shelf so there is moisture and the kugel won't dry up.
Either way, it will become darker in color.

Kumphort

Post Thu, Nov 12 2009, 10:24 am
right, so I want to leave the oven on a low temp, on shabbos mode, and I wont open the oven until I am ready to serve the meal, my question is, how much should I bake the kugel before hand? can I just put in in the oven right b4 shabbos etc?

ra_mom

Post Thu, Nov 12 2009, 11:21 am
I think it would be better if you baked it at a regular temperature first, then switch to 200 right before Shabbos. I don't think you'll get the right consistancy if you bake it raw at 200.

hardworkingmommy

Post Thu, Nov 12 2009, 1:07 pm
If you like the outside crispy then bake it uncovered on 500" degrees untill the outside is brown & then lower the temp. to 200" & double wrap it & put a pan of water underneath to keep it moist.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes