Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Why am I so daft?

mandksima

Post Wed, Nov 18 2009, 1:40 am
I just realized why my son was so clingy and kvetchy these past few days (he was sick but that wasn't it.)

I notice now that he has his first 3 back teeth! Since they weren't in front, I didn't notice them and it didn't even cross my mind to look as there is no set time for teeth coming in.

I hope he wasn't in too much discomfort but now I feel so stupid for not realizing what could have been the problem.

AGGGHHHHH!

lech lecha08

Post Wed, Nov 18 2009, 2:06 am
"Maybe it's teething" has become a joke in our house. DH first suggested it when my oldest was 3 months and cranky about something. She didn't get teeth until she was 15 months, but any crankiness was automatically teething according to him. Well, that or "Do you think she's hungry?"

grin

Post Wed, Nov 18 2009, 2:36 am
1) not being able to read his mind certainly doesn't make you "stupid" or "daft" shock
2) if you would have known what the problem was, you could have done something about it? (other than comfort him, which I'm sure you did anyhow)
3) many times small children are sick because of teething, since it lowers their resistance.

mandksima

Post Wed, Nov 18 2009, 3:21 am
Yeah, well, I probably wouldn't have groaned as much knowing what the problem was. I was hoping it wasn't a new clingy stage he was starting. B"H, he's been sleeping well. It is only the awake hours that were tough.

I just find myself slow on the uptake sometimes. Maybe because I'm the last one to know when someone is pregnant. I don't even notice the signs when others do. My dh notices before me.

I'm just so detail oriented most of the time. Maybe it is the lack of sleep. I know I'm not stupid but I feel it when I overlook main things like this.

It has been about 6 months since the last teeth came in and then we used the teething excuse for everything. Now, I sort of forgot that the back teeth even come in at all! Even though I have a few kids now, I feel like a first time mother. Why am I forgetting things? I think I'm getting old!

drumjj

Post Wed, Nov 18 2009, 3:49 am
I do it all the time with my third and feel stupid so dont worry its normal. yesterday I lost so many things and felt like such an idiot. and I agree very often with kids its very hard to tell whats wrong with them

sgr

Post Wed, Nov 18 2009, 5:12 am
Don't be so hard on yourself my seventh just got two of his 18 month molars at once,he was up for nights etc I put it down to my husband being away then one of my other kids noticed one tooth and me the other so don't feel bad.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics