Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Free!!

Mommy3.5

Post Mon, Nov 23 2009, 4:42 am
Free!

I ordered challah for my severely allergic son, Unfortunately, After weeks of getting it right, this time they made a huge mistake. I now have a freezer full of challah with sesame seed all over the bottom of them. I only noticed ten minutes before shabbat. I stuck them all into the freezer fresh. I cannot serve them in my house. I want to give them away to anyone who wants them.

They are delicious water challot, from a great bakery, I always freeze them in heavy plastic and crisp in the oven erev shabbat, they come out perfect....Please take them off my hands, I do not want to throw them out!

I have 6 medium challot.

Mommy3.5

Post Mon, Nov 23 2009, 11:55 am
Cmon folks , wheres your Jewish spirit? Were talking FREE food here!

louche

Post Mon, Nov 23 2009, 11:59 am
Try a local food pantry gmach.
If ppl here contacted you, that would 'out' them to you and maybe they don't want to do that. besides, how do they KNOW they can trust your kashrus? you didn't say which bakery.

greenfire

Post Mon, Nov 23 2009, 12:00 pm
you can always donate them to a kosher food bank ... or to a simcha ... or - why doesn't anybody want them - did you say brooklyn ?

Mommy3.5

Post Mon, Nov 23 2009, 12:21 pm
yes, in Brooklyn. since, the bakery made a mistake, I do not want to post the name, but I will happily answer anyone by PM. Its a well known Brooklyn bakery whose kashrus people would trust.

I took them from the bakery bag and placed them into ziplock bags, and into my freezer. They did not touch a single surface in my house, there is no question about my kashrus here...

No one needs to feel bad about doing me a personal favor by taking them off my hands, If it was not a matter of life and death I would use them myself.

greenfire

Post Fri, Nov 27 2009, 10:44 am
okay I'll take it ...

oodlesofnoodles

Post Fri, Dec 04 2009, 4:57 am
I'm not sure if you got rid of them already, but there is a food pantry on Avenue K that I'm sure would take off your hands-I'm not sure of the exact address but I think the name is Bnei Rephael or something like that

Actually, here is their website:
Bnai Raphael Chesed Store
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries