Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Montreal ice storm 1998

amother

Post Wed, May 10 2006, 2:31 pm
anyone lived in montreal then? I was flipping through some pictures recently of what was going on then! boy was it a mess!

amother

Post Wed, May 10 2006, 8:56 pm
I was in sem then. I remembered how badly iced the trees were but not much more-I stayed indoors!!

Tovah

Post Wed, May 10 2006, 9:11 pm
yup, I was in 10th grade and remember how we were off a full week of school and our huge chumash, rambam test was cancelled.
I kinda enjoyed it

amother

Post Wed, May 10 2006, 9:52 pm
I was also in sem then. I didn't stay indoors:) we had a blast sliding around town.

amother

Post Wed, May 10 2006, 10:33 pm
I was in High school then..it was freaky and an amazing display fo Hashem's raw power. Getting off school was an added bonus Smile

amother

Post Wed, May 10 2006, 10:41 pm
MY BROTHER WAS BORN THAT NIGHT!WHAT A TIME!

Friendly

Post Mon, May 15 2006, 5:41 am
Boy do I remember that time!! C'mon, missing weeks of school, finally moving into the Chai Center- only to lose electricity there too!
ok- so how many of my classmates are on this site??? Let's go- spit it out!

jewgal84

Post Sun, May 21 2006, 10:14 am
Yeps, I was in 8th grade then.

It was after our Chanuka break- so we had an extended vacation, 2 weeks off from school and right in mid of mid-term exams!!!!

Tila

Post Sun, Mar 22 2009, 6:29 pm
I was pregnant with Leah who is now almost 11, and my mom died due to lack of communication etc. It was a bittersweet time. Leah is named for my late mom Z'L

Marion

Post Mon, Mar 23 2009, 5:26 am
I was a university student. Lucky enough to be in an area that wasn't too affected, but spent some time in the shelter (helping) at Bialik.

hifromkgh

Post Sun, Jan 04 2015, 7:40 pm
oh yes...mrs hirshfeld's biolgy test was that day but cancelled!!!!!!!!! still feel that relief 17 yrs later!

b from nj

Post Sun, Jan 04 2015, 9:43 pm
hifromkgh wrote:
oh yes...mrs hirshfeld's biolgy test was that day but cancelled!!!!!!!!! still feel that relief 17 yrs later!

I remember Mrs. H.'s bio tests but I'm a lot older! Thankfully I was out of Montreal for years by 1998!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics