Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
H1n1 vaccine?

yentadevosha

Post Wed, Nov 25 2009, 11:32 am
my dr. wants me to give it to my kids. I;m not so sure about it. Is it effective? Is it safe?....
What are my fellow amothers doing?

NYmommy

Post Wed, Nov 25 2009, 12:22 pm
I was very undecided about it. I ended up giving it to my kids since I'm pregnant & I dont want kids to bring it home from school to the newborn. Kids took the mist (3 & 5 year old) with no side effects b'h! I took the shot (dead virus) but that hurts for a couple of days when u touch the spot of the needle.

drumjj

Post Wed, Nov 25 2009, 12:32 pm
I was also wondering about this because from december in the uk they are going to offer it to children under five.

PAMOM

Post Wed, Nov 25 2009, 12:32 pm
Gave it to dd and myself. No soreness or reaction.

sky

Post Wed, Nov 25 2009, 12:40 pm
My dr office is recommending it. However, dh asked a dr in the practice at shul about it and he said he is not giving it to his family. Plus 2 other drs we know are not recommending it.

I decided not to give it to my kids.

However, I'm still concerned because I have a newborn at home. One ds has gotten the regular flu shot and I plan on giving to the other one. I really should get it myself because of the baby.

NYmommy

Post Wed, Nov 25 2009, 12:42 pm
Our pediatrician & my Obstetrician took the shot & gave it for their kids. That's what finally convinced me to do the same.

Ruchel

Post Sat, Dec 05 2009, 2:18 pm
did you do it? do you plan to?

I would like more testimonies. Most ppl I know are waiting for their turn (priority people go first here), but still some (who give all the other vaccines) are hesitating or even against. I don't know what to do.

Raisin

Post Sat, Dec 05 2009, 5:23 pm
one of my students, a 7 year old with asthma, suffered an allergic reaction to the second dose and spent the night in hospital.

I would hesitate about giving it to a healthy person who would easily recover from swine flu.

SingALong

Post Sat, Dec 05 2009, 7:56 pm
my pediatrician strongly recommended it, told me he took it and gave it to his kids and grandkids. being that my kids aren't high risk, age 2.5 and 5, and I'm not pregnant, I'm still thinking about it, but leaning more towards no. it's still so new and we dont know long term effects, etc. my dr. said there is no danger at all, its just like the regualr flu shot with a little difference in the makeup of the virus. whatever. I dont think I will

greenfire

Post Sat, Dec 05 2009, 8:04 pm
the problem is if a person is weak and has a bad reaction - chances are they won't take well to this h1n1 scare ...

I feel like gov't & drs are trying to convince everyone to take it or be scared of death - but what happens when the shot has adverse effects ...

my dd with asthma is staying away from the swine flu shot for this very reason ...

brbs

Post Sat, Dec 05 2009, 8:43 pm
I gave it to my kids and me and my husband both got it.. No reactions or soreness for any of us.. We all got the shot no mist since that is a live virus...

gold21

Post Sat, Dec 05 2009, 8:50 pm
The flu shots make me nervous. Im a fan of other immunizations, but the flu shots are much newer, and therefore not so much known about its effects, which freaks me out. So as of now, no flu shots for me, dh, or kiddies.

chayitty

Post Sat, Dec 05 2009, 10:19 pm
I use a midwife whos is generally against shots. She told me that 2 of her patients got swine flu and are really really sick (fighting for their life) they also had to take out the babys a lil early bec. the mothers were so sick. I took the shot and bh had no side effects!

amother

Post Sat, Dec 05 2009, 10:21 pm
it is a new shot. tehy dont know much about it. I wountl gibe it

Mini Cookie

Post Sun, Dec 06 2009, 12:58 am
Our pediatrician convinced me to give it to my 8 month old. I'm regretting it like crazy. She has been sick for 3 weeks now since she got the shot. A lot of vomiting, low grade fever, ear infection, coughing, congested...

The dr doesn't want to admit that its all a reaction to the shot but I can't get myself to believe otherwise...it started within 24 hrs of the shot.

I'm not convincing anyone either way, but I've spoken to a few ppl that mentioned that their kid or someone they know got their immune system completely knocked out from the swine flu shot.

Good luck either way & may Hashem protect us all.

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Dec 06 2009, 9:48 am
Mollys Mama wrote:
Our pediatrician convinced me to give it to my 8 month old. I'm regretting it like crazy. She has been sick for 3 weeks now since she got the shot. A lot of vomiting, low grade fever, ear infection, coughing, congested...

The dr doesn't want to admit that its all a reaction to the shot but I can't get myself to believe otherwise...it started within 24 hrs of the shot.

I'm not convincing anyone either way, but I've spoken to a few ppl that mentioned that their kid or someone they know got their immune system completely knocked out from the swine flu shot.

Good luck either way & may Hashem protect us all.

Scary, especially since I'm close to someone who "should" get the shot because of a condition requiring the use of immunosuppressants.

Ruchel

Post Mon, Dec 07 2009, 9:22 am
My dad had to have the vaccine (and he wanted so) because of age and health. He had a small (for him) allergic reaction and is still convince everyone should get it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics