Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Spinoff on "Are You Happy Where You Live?"

amother

Post Thu, Nov 26 2009, 2:59 pm
It was not easy finding a forum to post this question, that has the anonymous option. The question doesn't quite fit here, but I didn't know where else to put it.

On the Miscellaneous thread, the question was asked if you're happy with where you're living.

I'd like to know where everyone lives, and if you'd like, if you're happy in that place. Let's do this anonymously so no one feels uncomfortable answering. In particular, I'm interested in knowing where the Israeli imamothers live, down to the yishuv.

As for me, I'm in Minnesota (a.k.a., the home of the Frozen Chosen). I used to live in Ra'anana and hope to move back to Israel within the year.

amother

Post Thu, Nov 26 2009, 3:44 pm
I live in yerushalayim. I don't need to tell you how special it is to live in Eretz Yisrael since you have lived here already. But I'll say it anyways. There is something in the air that is just soo uplifting and I absolutely love it. Although to be honest, there are many aspects of this country that annoy me, the negative in no way counteracts the positive, and all I need to do in these situations is say 'wow I live in the holiest place in the world what can be better?' I literally feel the kedusha. Gosh I can go on and on..

I also love that everyone (at least who I associate with) is jewish, whether religious or not, and how before the yomim tovim, shabbos, etc. everyone wishes you accordingly (chag sameach, shana tova, etc...)
And how before chanuka (which is now), there are sufganiot all over the place, not just bakeries...
It just feels so jewish here..I feel so lucky to have the zchus of living here and thank Hashem for it all the time
There is so much more I can say about it but this will have to do for now

Oh and one more thing.. ...COME BACK!

amother

Post Fri, Nov 27 2009, 1:44 am
can I ask, before I post, why you want specifics, down to the yishuv name? are you looking into moving back to israel, to a yishuv? and want info?

amother

Post Fri, Nov 27 2009, 3:53 pm
First, the question is out of curiosity, because many imamothers replied to the original post that they're very happy where they live, so I'm interested to know about their locales.

Regarding Israel, B"H we'll be moving back, and it most likely won't be to Ra'anana for several reasons -- the main one being we can't afford to buy there. Regarding yishuvim, I don't know much about them and thought I could learn from those living on them. If stating which yishuv is too specific, then perhaps that imamother could post its general whereabouts in Israel.

Lastly, I thought others would be interested in this same information.

amother

Post Fri, Nov 27 2009, 3:55 pm
amother wrote:

Oh and one more thing.. ...COME BACK!

B"H!!!!! I haven't had to deal with the Kratzmach/Krashmash (pick your nickname) stuff for 5 years, and I'm not too thrilled about it.

amother

Post Sat, Nov 28 2009, 12:31 pm
Bet Shemesh, Sheinfeld area.

LOVE it! suburban feel within a city -meaning, everything we need is close by, good buses and cabs, yet I live in a very tight knit community within the city.

amother

Post Sun, Nov 29 2009, 12:03 am
well, I don't live in israel, but I will post here since I didn't want to out myself in the other post. I live in baltimore and am very happy here. the community is very low-key, meaning the level of gashmiyus is much less than other communities. also, I feel like there is a very beautiful achdus among people with different backgrounds and levels of observance. also, my parents, in-laws, and all our siblings live within walking distance which makes it great (and we even get along!!!!)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics