Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
White, clay stool...should I worry

mammala120

Post Fri, Nov 27 2009, 12:43 am
my dd came from school and was refusing to eat till 7 pm. when finaly started to eat making faces she asked to use bathroom......thats when she had white, clay colored stool and started to vomit.

is this bad or just stomach virus. has any experienced this. I asked doc and he says it is just virus, but I am concerned it is mor then simple virus............

Imaonwheels

Post Fri, Nov 27 2009, 12:49 am
White stool is definitely a sign to worry. It could be hepatitis. get her to a doc to see if the rest of the family needs gamma globlin shots. If so you will have to tell the school as well.

kitov

Post Fri, Nov 27 2009, 1:09 am
My baby had white stooll yesterday, and no hepatits. Please don't overreact.

Google white stool.

HindaRochel

Post Fri, Nov 27 2009, 3:30 am
I would definitely ask the doctor about that one. It does not hurt to ask a question. Call your doctor, explain the situation and ask if a visit is needed.

mammala120

Post Mon, Nov 30 2009, 11:14 am
I spoke to doctor immediately and he told me it is just a stomach virus and to monitor her.
as of today she is having watery yellow to greenish stools, sometimes very light brown. it changes often. ineresting thing is that this is her 3 year in november-december season that she is going through same thing (it happened last year and year before that at same time)

could it be milk intolarance since that is when she starts school. last year I had to stop her from going to school inorder to stop this from happening and it went away.

drumjj

Post Mon, Nov 30 2009, 11:42 am
it could be a milk intolerance, my friend whose daughter has a very bad milk intolerance told me she used to get white stools or stuff like white by her stools.
hope she has a refuah shleima

Imaonwheels

Post Mon, Nov 30 2009, 11:59 am
ok, white stools and dark urine are almost a sure sign of hepatitis. No need to panic but def does help peace of mind to rule it out. Anyway the baby should see a doc if there are unusual signs, or at least the ped should be consulted.

mammala120

Post Mon, Nov 30 2009, 12:06 pm
thanks
I will B"H go to see doc tomoro and get allergy note.

chaylizi

Post Mon, Nov 30 2009, 12:28 pm
white or clay colored stools indicate a lack of bile in the stool. This can mean there is a bile duct obstruction. It can also occur when the person/child has been taking pepto bismol, kaopectate or other anti- diarrheal medications.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics