Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Looking for Immigration help

SplitPea

Post Sat, Nov 28 2009, 10:19 pm
My Sister-in-law was born in Canada, She is looking for help getting her green card. She can't afford the prices that have been quoted to her. Is there anyone who knows how to cheaply obtain a green card?

YALT

Post Sat, Nov 28 2009, 10:30 pm
let her do it herself.
the actual cost of the greencard - she'll need to pay. the only costs she can save on is lawyer fees.
I know of a few ppl who have filled out the paperwork themselves, and got it. You just need to know how to follow directions.
I assume her husband IS an American citizen?
We thought we needed a lawyer. The lawyer messed us up, and it took almost almost a year to get his employment & travel card, and then another year for the greencard.
I don't knw how it is in Canada, but in general, it takes quicker to get it out of the country than once your here.
If they are here, if they can go to a "middle state" it'll be quicker than NY, TX, FL, CA,... who deals with all the people crossing the border.

managingmomof3

Post Sun, Nov 29 2009, 12:47 am
call the Williamsburg community council they were SO helpful and knowledgeable...

Falafel

Post Sun, Nov 29 2009, 1:41 pm
UJO in williamsburg 718 643 9700
ask to speak to the immigration case worker
they charge $70
the government paperwork is a total of $1365

hatzlacha!

chatz

Post Sun, Nov 29 2009, 2:15 pm
Ditto to the above posters

either do it yourself.. info is all online http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis - you just need to have patience and read through everything
Or do it through the UJO in williamsburg who take a small fee

We did it ourselves, in NY, and got the green card in a couple of months.

You can't get it less than the actual government fees which is over $1000.

You can pay more to get a temp work permit or something like that..we didn't bother.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries