Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Kesher Scouting

Isramom8

Post Sun, Nov 29 2009, 6:21 pm
I'm looking for the right camp for my 15 year old son.

It has to be a fun place with very little learning pressure, and yeshivish-type frum.

I found mention of Kesher Scouting (I used to know all the camps but this seems pretty new). It seems to be a frum boy scout camp, affiliated with Mogen Av. There are only two hours of learning a day, which I gather is very little in these times when camps compete to resemble yeshivos as much as possible (which is great for certain bochurim but not for our son at this point).

The idea seems to be for the boys to gain self confidence through mastering personal physical challenges.

Am I understanding this correctly? Anyone know more?

Thanks!

fiddle

Post Mon, Nov 30 2009, 2:52 am
I think my brother went here, but I think it was more for not your typical kids. low self esteem, maybe kids who were rejected, but I dont think yeshivish.

I could find out more and let you know if you want.

I do know it was very challenging and my brother enjoyed it.

Isramom8

Post Mon, Nov 30 2009, 6:53 am
The first part of that description is encouraging in our case. Please do find out if it's yeshivish, or modern orthodox, or not frum, or what kind of a mix.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries