Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
Large red bliss potatoes

lamplighter

Post Thu, Dec 03 2009, 12:06 am
I'd love to use them for shabbos- what can I make with them?

Motheroftwins

Post Thu, Dec 03 2009, 12:38 am
cut them into bite size chunks. sprinkle olive oil on them and put salt, pepper, garlic and parsley. mix with your fingers to coat evenly. bake at 350 covered until soft, then uncover and let them get a little crispy

lamplighter

Post Thu, Dec 03 2009, 11:14 pm
how long will it take?

Any other ideas? I want to make it for shabbos!

bubby

Post Fri, Dec 04 2009, 5:07 am
Boil them with the skin on, cool, cut into small chunks & use in your favorite potato salad recipe. I will have to do that...DH bought large ones (I forgot to tell him mini ones when he went shopping for me.)

lamplighter

Post Fri, Dec 04 2009, 9:43 am
same story here! I was hoping to use it as a side dish to a main though.

bubby

Post Fri, Dec 04 2009, 11:03 am
You could try slicing them & baking them in a mixture of olive oil, paprika, onion soup mix & garlic powder shmeared like a paste. Salty, but nice!

solo

Post Fri, Dec 04 2009, 11:15 am
potato kugel?
cut into quarters. coat with olive oil. add salt pepper onion powder. bake uncovered at 350 stirring once or twice till crispy looking.
or u can do the same but add some diced onion or other root vegetables to the mix

reed

Post Fri, Dec 04 2009, 11:24 am
Hot & Spicy BBQ Potatoes from Kosher By Design is my kids' all time favorite (although they like it without too much of the heat).

8-10 red potatoes cut in 1/4's (I cut them into 1/8's)
1/4 c. oil
1 tsp cayenne
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp paprika
2 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
2 tsp sugar

Mix spices, oil & potatoes. Spread on cookie sheet. Bake at 400 for 55-60 minutes. Stir midway so they brown evenly.

If you don't like them so hot, cut back on the cayenne and chili. Don't cut the paprika though, as it gives it great color.

I usually mix a large jar of the above spices and keep it handy so I can make this recipe in a jiffy. Come to think of it, I was debating what to do for a Shabbos side dish. I think I'll make these potatoes. With the spice mix ready, it shouldn't take more than a few minutes. Smile

Shabbat Shalom!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes