Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
I look like my dh

chavs

Post Fri, Feb 20 2009, 8:14 am
warning! Dont use your dh's clippers if you dont know how touse them

I thought I'd give myself a haircut as my hair had gotten pretty long, so I took out dh's clippers to use.
One of the attachments said 30 which I thought was 30 cm, its NOT!!!! I started on the top of my head with my head down so I couldnt see what was coming of or what I was doing, suffice it to say, its not 30 cm its 30 mm which s 3 cm!!!!!!!!!!!!! I a short few minutes I went from having nice long hair to looking like my husband! I seriously have the same hairstyle as my husband. My hair was so pretty, oh well...
When dh saw what I was doing he asked if I had just read the famous 5 and wanted to look like George, this was before I knew the damage, I asked him what he meant and he told me to look in the mirror, I kinda yelped/gasped, I had to do the rest of it as shoert because it would have looked even more ridiculous.
Some of my hair is so short its not even laying down, its kinda spiking up.

Ds saw it today and giggled and said why mummy, I thought it was a good question.
I wonder how its gonna stick inside the sheital!

OOTBubby

Post Fri, Feb 20 2009, 12:01 pm
I do this all the time. I cut my hair myself with a clipper (using a #2 attachment). I cut it around once a month, keeping it this way. I never go around with my head uncovered and this is perfect under sheitels or snoods, etc.

Blair

Post Sun, Mar 15 2009, 6:37 am
Just remember it will grow back.

mamacita

Post Mon, Mar 16 2009, 12:37 am
LOL! Sorry you had to go through this, but before I read this I thought it was one of those things where people marry people who look like them, and I don't think you look like your dh! hehe.

I had an accident when I was trimming dh's hair once. It wasn't pretty. He considered switching to a much bigger kippa.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Mar 16 2009, 10:11 am
Sure it'll grow. It might take 2 years to make a ponytail, but ...

chavs

Post Mon, Mar 16 2009, 11:16 am
lol mamacita thats funny, once dh was trimming my bil's hair and he made him a bold patch on the side of his head (not on purpose), there were no yarmulka big enough to cover it, we took a picture of it and and bil was not thrilled but could see the amusemntas well though.

My own hair is slightly longer but still horrendously short, I can look in the mirror without a sheitel or tichel now. Its easier to keep under the shaitel although I keep having to trim the neck. I had long hair to my shoulders when I cut it and I thought I would only cut a few cm so I am still not thrilled with it. I wont try to grow it out now though its to big a pain.

zigi

Post Mon, Mar 16 2009, 11:26 am
lol! don't do that to dd's hair!

chavs

Post Mon, Mar 16 2009, 1:24 pm
no!!!!!!!!!!! I wouldnt, cutting her fringe was traumatising enough lol!

greenfire

Post Mon, Mar 16 2009, 8:17 pm
wow shock how did I miss this one ... I feel bald when I cut mine for locks of love up to my shoulders ... so sorry - but thanks for warning me not to ask you for a trim Twisted Evil
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics