Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Any fans of Gordon Ramsay?

alleyleeza

Post Mon, Mar 16 2009, 2:36 pm
I am hooked on all his shows- I have to bleep allot out but it is very entertaining and I have actually learned some new things. (shows include H-ll's Kitchen, Kitchen nightmares, the F word (referring to Food) and a couple others.

Chocoholic

Post Mon, Mar 16 2009, 2:52 pm
My DH loves his shows. I'm parve.

alleyleeza

Post Mon, Mar 16 2009, 4:09 pm
My DH thinks it is a riot the way he rants and raves in between the expletives. Oh, and I love the Bob avitar pretty classy! Have you ever been to a concert? I have a couple times. After the last one a few years ago we agreed that it was just not that enjoyable...too bad such a great talent!

sequoia

Post Tue, Mar 17 2009, 9:50 am
I like Hll's Kitchen but honestly Top Chef is more entertaining.

greenfire

Post Tue, Mar 17 2009, 9:54 am
I love hell's kitchen ... then again I haven't seen the others ... Twisted Evil

catonmylap

Post Tue, Mar 17 2009, 10:00 am
We like watching Kitchen Nightmares.

We enjoy Hell's Kitchen, but they are such a bunch of losers compared to Top Chef. Dh wanted to stop watching it, but I didn't want to "drop" it, so we're still watching it.

devorahrivka

Post Tue, Mar 17 2009, 10:26 am
We watch Hells Kitchen and I use to watch Kitchen Nightmares...why don't I now? Is it still on? We changed satellite companies, did I forget to program it? hmmm...

My husband likes the show because he worked in the restaurant industry all through college and almost every head chef he's worked for had a temperment like Ramsay...you think Ramsay calling the ladies "stupid cow" is bad? DH heard his share and much worse. The stories he tells you wouldn't belive.

Did you find it odd that the episode where they were having a Bar mitzvah no one said anything about the hamburger stuffed with blue cheese??? I understood that being at Hells Kitchen meant they didn't keep kosher, but I thought for sure something would have been said about the cheeseburger. Even DH gasped when they chose to stuff it with cheese and he isn't one to pick out stuff like that.

faigah

Post Tue, Mar 17 2009, 11:31 am
I was surprised too to see them showing a symbolic Jewish simcha where the participants are eating non kosher food. Let alone the blue cheese the whole kitchen is treifa. Anyway maybe I'm naive in some way, but not wearing a yarmulke and making it a sports theme what kind of Bar Mitsvah is that. It sounded more like a party then anything else.

Ilovechoumous

Post Tue, Mar 17 2009, 11:41 am
dh is a big fan, so I watch sometimes. especially of kitchen nightmares. dh started swearing a lot and I told him its because of chef gordon. its a bit ridiculous. anyways, I actually make his sheppard's pie for shabbat lunch and its really good, you can taste the wine.

yersp

Post Tue, Mar 17 2009, 11:51 am
DH and I were in glatt ala carte a couple of weeks back and we shmoozed with one of the chefs there. The kitchen is right where you walk in so we asked the chef if he's heard of Gordon Ramsey. He said that he trained under him for a while and he said that in real life a chef is not allowed to do all that yelling and swearing. It's for the show only because if someone does that in real life they get kicked out of that place so fast.
Kitchen nightmares was great and now HK is on instead. If you realize, he keeps the bad people on longer than usual. I can't take it, but of course it's for the ratings only.

devorahrivka

Post Tue, Mar 17 2009, 12:39 pm
Well, the bar mitzvah was obviously reform. I grew up reform and actually my cousin had a sport theme and I had a theater theme. Looking back, well, I would do things differently now....actually, come to think of it, my party was at an Italian restaurant where we had fried calamari (squid) as an appetizer and veal with cheese on it etc...ok, so I'm not one to talk...amazing how I forget these things LOL...but as a frum woman, knowing what I know now, I found it all odd that they didn't at least try for kosher 'style'.

My husband said Ramsay's behaviour in the kitchen is a little exagerated but spot on. If he is just a chef then he does have to worry about being kicked out but most of the time the head chef is lord of the kitchen and if he is good enough, even if he doesn't own the place, his word is law. DH worked for people like this.

alleyleeza

Post Tue, Mar 17 2009, 5:18 pm
The Bar mitzva episode seemed to be a big fun thing to do so the kid would remember it and be able to say years down the road that Chef ramsay catered his dinner....whatever....It is hollywood what do you want reality? LOL It is very entertaining... I try to read into how Ramsay makes his decisions...He obviously favors the one girl who didn't do that well ( she threw the wellingtons under the counter) I think she has a chance because she shows some moxy and has some command of the kitchen most of the time. I don't really like any of them that much....guess I'll have to keep watching..

freidasima

Post Tue, Mar 17 2009, 5:24 pm
He's so so on the list of cooking shows in this house.
Dh used to love ironchef as did middle dd
Today we watch Aharoni (that's only here in EY).
Cooking shows are clean at least..that and national geographic are the channels of choice for dh to fall asleep to after daf yomi (yeah I know but he's at the age that to get up the strength to go to bed he first needs two hours of sleep on the sofa until midnight, and better when the tv is droning like right now...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics