Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Cough wont go away -4 month old baby

amother

Post Tue, Feb 07 2006, 6:02 pm
My baby (4 months) has had a cough for a few weeks. Last week she was wheezing a little. I took her to the dr. and the dr. right away gave me a nebulizer machine for her wheezing.
I was not feeling well and was a little out of it...and realize now that he did not address the coughing.
I have another appt with her tommorrow, but unfortunately of late, the dr. has been short of time etc. (yes I am looking for a new pediatrician).
In the meantime what is coughing symptomatic of? She doesn't have a runny nose, and she is really not complaining (Bli Ayin Hara) but its a deep cough.

I would like to have some ideas before I take her to dr. so I can be an informed (annoying) patient.

elisecohen

Post Tue, Feb 07 2006, 8:49 pm
My thoughts would be asthma or reflux.

Pickle Lady

Post Tue, Feb 07 2006, 11:25 pm
with my experince night time coughing can be 2 things reflux or a postnasal drip. Also both can be an allergic reaction to something.

TzenaRena

Post Wed, Feb 08 2006, 12:02 am
(hopefully none of these) bronchitis., croup, or my old favorite Rolling Eyes strep.

JEWISHMAMA

Post Thu, Feb 09 2006, 5:19 am
young babies may get wheezy and that will cause a nasty cheasty cough. My 3 year old use to get wheezy during the winter but; baruch HASHEM, she is not asthmatic. My son is though although they say her may grow out of it.
Use Olbas oil or eucalyptus and that should alliviate it a bit.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics