Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Chany wiesel wigs

sunspot

Post Thu, Mar 19 2009, 9:46 am
Does anyone have a chany wiesel wig? what would you say about the quality and customer service

shopaholic

Post Thu, Mar 19 2009, 1:42 pm
I think my fall is from her. It was on sale so I didn't expect anything fantastik. Still, it's about 3 years old & seems quite nice.

cassandra

Post Thu, Mar 19 2009, 1:57 pm
I have a few from her and have been happy. I paid $2400 for a curly sheitel from someone very known for curly and $1,000 for a curly fall from her (this other woman charged $1900 for the fall) and I liked Chany's one zillion times better and it's also held up a lot better. She has different quality hair and is very honest about what she is giving you. She has also always been accommodating to fix things if they needed fixing.

nicole81

Post Thu, Mar 19 2009, 4:47 pm
I have a fall that was from chany's wigs on coney island bet. j&k about 6 years ago. is this the same person?

I don't think this chany is at that location anymore, but I have to say that I still have the fall, and the hair is just so soft and silky all these years later! I do have to convert it to a hat fall though because I trashed the top of it by wearing it with a hat like 50 times this winter.

cassandra

Post Thu, Mar 19 2009, 5:21 pm
She's now on M & 17th in a salon (I forgot the name) and also out of her home in Monsey. It's the same Chany.

sunspot

Post Thu, Mar 19 2009, 7:09 pm
thanks everyone. anyways the reason I was asking was I as well got a fall there 6 years ago and am extremely happy with it--I still get compliments it never frizzes. After going in the rain with it I put it on the head and it drys withouit getting frizzed.

I am looking now for a new full wig and went there today. Chany told me that the prices of unprocessed hair went up?? and for what I wanted to spend (up to 1000) I can only get processed--has anyone had experience with processed hair? It looked and felt great!!

Also how is the person who cuts--I think her name is natasha? is she good?

curlytop

Post Thu, Mar 19 2009, 8:46 pm
I have 3 Chany wigs, a full, a band fall and a hat fall. They are all curly. I am thrilled with my wigs.
My oldest one is almost 5 years old, still looks great, maybe not as curly as it originally was.
I wouldnt say she is the highest quality wig, but nonetheless I think she does a great curl for a reasonable price.
I have never had her lady cut mine, I ended up getting it cut by Lauren Eisenberg.
I have no idea what processed hair means.

sunspot

Post Thu, Mar 19 2009, 8:50 pm
I am not looking for curly I am looking for straight. processed means they strip the cuticle and then color it etc

sunspot

Post Thu, Mar 19 2009, 8:50 pm
also she said if I do not cut it by her she will not back it

curlytop

Post Thu, Mar 19 2009, 8:53 pm
Hmm I didnt know about this backing thing.... whatever..
Anyways, I have no experience with straight, it is a totally different story sorry

cassandra

Post Thu, Mar 19 2009, 9:19 pm
I just bought a straight, processed one. I went in willing to spend more money but she found me something that I liked that was a lot less and since it was my first straight one and I wasn't sure if I was going to commit to it (I usually wear curly) I didn't mind spending on the lower priced one. So far so good but I haven't had it that long. Natasha cut mine and she did exactly what I wanted so I'm happy.

Mommy3.5

Post Thu, Mar 19 2009, 9:32 pm
I have two. I love them both. She is very honest about what she sells, she tells you if the hair is refined or not, I would go for the non refined, because its so much nicer. (I hate refined hair, It doesn't hold up, and its limp)

She can be a bit abrupt, and has a Russian attitude, but she is honest and fair, I never had a problem dealing with her!

sunspot

Post Thu, Mar 19 2009, 9:33 pm
what length--and if you feel comfortable telling how much was the wig? how long do you have it and does it frizz

Mommy3.5

Post Wed, Mar 25 2009, 12:35 am
webdesignermom wrote:
what length--and if you feel comfortable telling how much was the wig? how long do you have it and does it frizz

My fall is 18 inches I paid 800 almost 4 years ago. Something similar is 1400 now.

My shaitel was a mazel piece, I have a difficult color, I always need custom, I came in for something else, and saw the wig, and it was exactly my color. Apparently she had made it up 3 years before and was not able to sell it because of the color, she gave it to me for 1000.00 dollars and I put in an additional 250.00 for extra hair. The wig is very long, down to my waist. normally a wig like that would go for 2500+.

NO FRIZZ!

mendls_anna

Post Sat, Jun 06 2009, 9:21 pm
Spend more and get a chany unprocessed!

I have two full shaitels form her. One is five years old - has only ever been washed ONCE!! I wear it around 3-5 times / week. Ppl ask me why I don't cover my hair.. Hair is still the same colour, silky, smooth, doesnt frizz or knot.

Mimisinger

Post Mon, Apr 30 2012, 1:41 pm
mendls_anna wrote:

I have two full shaitels form her. One is five years old - has only ever been washed ONCE!! I wear it around 3-5 times / week. Ppl ask me why I don't cover my hair.. Hair is still the same colour, silky, smooth, doesnt frizz or knot.

I know this is an old thread. They said that they don't get hair that's dark enough for me. Isn't that processing it? Should I still get one?

yiddishe woman

Post Wed, Jun 06 2012, 5:56 am
Mimisinger wrote:
mendls_anna wrote:

I know this is an old thread. They said that they don't get hair that's dark enough for me. Isn't that processing it? Should I still get one?

what colour are you? the darkest colour available in 1 which is jet black

hisweety

Post Sun, Dec 29 2013, 3:56 pm
How is chanys wigs doing today 4 years after this thread started?
She is running a sale now and I would love to get some recent feedback on how her wigs holds up, and how is her customer service? If anyone had experience with her cutter, please let me know your experience.
Thaks So Much!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels