Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Can you help me choose paint for our basement?

mommy24

Post Wed, Mar 04 2009, 10:10 am
I am at such a loss, we are finally painting our basement- it has a guest room and the rest of the walls need to be painted. What colors would you recommend. I know something light, I was thinking a light green, for where the kids play, but just not sure if I could stand the whole room being that same color. For the guest room I was thinking a light blue, sky blue. My husband doesn't want any more yellows or beiges in the house, so those colors are out. The floors are a very light beige color.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, since I was supposed to get hte paint for the painter yesterday embarrassed .

greenfire

Post Wed, Mar 04 2009, 11:01 am
there's probably a hundred shades of each of many colors ... it would be hard to tell you what color to choose ... I love green - so to me you can't lose there ... but there are olive greens, mint greens, aqua greens, just to name a few ...

I suggest to look on line or go to the stores to see a color palette ... Colors

mommy24

Post Wed, Mar 04 2009, 12:29 pm
thanks greenfire, you can always be counted on to answer the posts. I have googled but can't find a color combo chart for benjamin moore paints, which is hwat I am using. I have one colore down- a pale yellow, now I just have to find something to go with it, like a sage color and that will be hte walls. thanks for your help.

bubs

Post Fri, Mar 20 2009, 9:29 am
I I had a professional help me with the colours in my basement and I love them. They are blue, green and yellow in different rooms but the shades are more of the english garden- soft but not totally pastelly. I get so many compliments on them. I alternated each room and the playroom is yellow so it's a little more lively. good luck

fiddle

Post Fri, Mar 20 2009, 9:33 am
hope this helps moore colors
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics