Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Chometz containers

Seraph

Post Sat, Mar 21 2009, 4:46 pm
If you have a container that was used for chometz, or even just non kosher lepesach things, in the past, but now is used to store toys, do you lock up/sell those containers for pesach?

I'm specifically talking about things like tupperware, etc, that no chometz was ever cooked inside.
I made a tzedaka box out of an old oatmeal container. I have a ton of cheese containers-tupperware (non kosher lepesach cheese, as far as I know)- that I use to store odds and ends around the house. All of them were cleaned thoroughly before use.

Must I sell them, or is having them out for pesach fine?

shalhevet

Post Sat, Mar 21 2009, 6:04 pm
I think the oatmeal container you have to put away (not sell). Cheese isn't chometz, the last I heard (unless it had granola pieces or something Smile)

Marion

Post Sat, Mar 21 2009, 11:25 pm
I have an old dish tub that we keep some of the toys in. It hasn't been used for dishes in over 3 years, and has been washed several times since. I'm not planning on putting it away, and DH hasn't mentioned it at all.

louche

Post Sun, Mar 22 2009, 12:59 am
I never have. A cardboard oatmeal container I would throw out, but something like Tupperware that was reincarnated as a container for nonfoods? I would leave it right where it is.

Seraph

Post Sun, Mar 22 2009, 1:00 am
My oatmeal container isnt a cardboard thing. Its a metal tin with a plastic top.

shalhevet

Post Sun, Mar 22 2009, 3:34 am
I think it's halacha that you have to be 'matzniya' (hide away) containers used for chometz, even if there aren't any chometz traces left.

Tamiri

Post Sun, Mar 22 2009, 3:45 am
I was taught that chometz is just food, not a kli.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics