Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Canadian Tax Benefits after moving to Israel

Sunflower

Post Sun, Mar 22 2009, 10:52 am
Hi all,

We are seriously considering moving to Israel for a couple of years. Does anyone know if we'd be eligible for our canadian child tax benefits even while out of the country?

TIA!

lech lecha08

Post Sun, Mar 22 2009, 11:10 am
I don't think so. You need to fill out a form that you left the country and in most cases, the benefits get cancelled. Unfortunately here, the monthly kivtza yeladim is less than the $100 Canadian. But you get it until they're 18 if I'm not mistaken.

Last edited by lech lecha08 on Sun, Mar 22 2009, 11:13 am; edited 1 time in total

amother

Post Sun, Mar 22 2009, 11:13 am
There must be a way. Several families in my area from Montreal are always mentioning the amount they get per child from Canada.

lech lecha08

Post Sun, Mar 22 2009, 11:15 am
If you don't tell them you've left the country, then you still get it. But I don't think legally you can. They supposedly judge it on a case by case basis but it's probably pretty rare.

Marion

Post Sun, Mar 22 2009, 11:48 am
Correct. If you declare you've left the country it's a no go. Of course, I applied 6 years ago to be declared a non-resident, and they are STILL "unable to process my request based on the information given". And they continue to ask me for more info...the same info they already have.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating