Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Am I stupid? Deaf? BOTH???

bubby

Post Mon, Mar 23 2009, 7:59 am
So here's the thing. My GE wall oven (less than a year old) stopped making this fan noise a couple of months ago. I quite liked the noise...at least I knew it was working (I'm not thrilled with this model.) At the same time, I saw it was taking me longer to cook the same things...challah, chicken, whatever. My milchig oven is still working beautifully, noise & all, & that's 9 years old.

So the repair guys comes out. He didn't believe me. Forget the fact that he's a moron, couldn't figure out which type of light bulbs I needed to replace them, so he doesn't know this oven. He calls the engineer, doesn't tell him what I said, that there was a noise for 8 months & now zippo & the temp isn't as high either. No, he just asks him if there should be a faint hum on broil (I NEVER broil, except for 2 mins to toast sesame seeds!)

His conclusion: The engineer says there must be too much noise in the kitchen for me to hear the fan! Forget the fact that the milchig, old oven is very noisy. Forget the fact that this engineer had to put it on broil & practically stick his head in it to hear anything. Forget the fact that he has BOTH ovens on broil for an hour & a half (My electricity! Sad ) Forget the fact that he takes a personal call about his kids & meeting up with their mama later in the middle.

I kept a lid on it ladies, but I told him that comment was insulting. I DID say I'm not deaf, nor am I stupid. At this he slightly raised an eyebrow as though to say "Are you sure about that one??" End of story: I called GE, complained, I have to have yet another technician come back Thursday, & the very nice lady has extended my warranty for another 6 months Hooray But I still have a lemony oven & they don't believe me. Mad Mad But I don't give up so easily.

As always, I feel better now! Wink

chaylizi

Post Mon, Mar 23 2009, 8:05 am
ask them to send someone else out. that would really get my temper broiling (if nothing else Wink)

bubby

Post Mon, Mar 23 2009, 8:23 am
Rolling Laughter

amother

Post Mon, Mar 23 2009, 8:34 am
is there a poll for this thread? I can't see it. Something is wrong with my computer. I want to vote, but can't.

bubby

Post Mon, Mar 23 2009, 8:35 am
ARE YOU GOING TO VOTE YES?????

Crying

chaylizi

Post Mon, Mar 23 2009, 8:39 am
Rolling Laughter
that is hysterical, I laughed out loud.
sorry bubby.

itsmeagain

Post Mon, Mar 23 2009, 9:19 am
bubby wrote:
ARE YOU GOING TO VOTE YES?????

Crying

your a charachter, u sure got me laughing out loud!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics