Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Anyone have a toddler who devel. a stutter around training

amother

Post Fri, Feb 03 2006, 3:41 pm
My toddler developed a studder around 2 weeks ago when we started training him. he caught on right away, and is doing great, practically accident free.

now he will say ma ma mommy, only at the beginning of a sentence, and its not all the time at all. his pediatrician today said that its normal if its in the beg. of the sentence aroind this age, and the stress of potty training could have started it.

anyone have anyrthign similar?

its so hard that your kid who is totaly smart and healthy starts this Sad

amother

Post Fri, Feb 03 2006, 3:45 pm
took me a few minutes to realize you meant a stutter. it can definitely be connected to potty training - the emotional aspect of it. after shabbos I'll have time to elaborate and give some ideas.

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Sat, Feb 04 2006, 8:59 pm
I had a 2 year old student who started stuttering even though he had been speaking sentences just fine beforehand. But it was around the time his mother had a baby, so it may have been connected...

Tefila

Post Sat, Feb 04 2006, 9:28 pm
My dd at 3 1/2 sometimes resorts to that. my mother and Dr both say patience, hear them out don't help them and it will go as quickly as it came. they say their brain gets ahead of their speech something like that . My broth did that not anymore Very Happy And my second oldest not anymore Very Happy So I have hope for her Tongue Out

Mandy

Post Sat, Feb 04 2006, 11:47 pm
Stuttering can just mean that your child thinks faster than s/he talks. Don't worry about it unless it continues until kindergarten. Also, the advice to not help them is correct. Let them find the word or finish the sentence, even if you have to wait a while.

raizy

Post Thu, Feb 09 2006, 11:31 pm
is there such a thing as a stutter onthe computer? I type slower/faster then the words come out. so many times I will type the next letter or word.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training