Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Cleaning for Pesach

proudmom

Post Mon, Feb 06 2006, 2:36 pm
I already started cleaning for pesach, I wanted to know if you are suppose to clean the walls too? This is my first pesach at home so I really dont know

supermommy

Post Mon, Feb 06 2006, 2:42 pm
I wonder the same. I have been home in the past but I did clean the walls since my apartment was old and had thirty years worth of childrens hand prints in the hallway and just as much food stains on the kitchen walls. I don't know if it was halachikly required but I felt better after I did it. Wink

supermom

Post Mon, Feb 06 2006, 3:27 pm
If a dog can't lick it then it is fine.

proudmom

Post Mon, Feb 06 2006, 3:28 pm
my dear dogs lick everything

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Feb 06 2006, 3:35 pm
When our kids were little, they mainly ate at a Little Tykes table and the wall behind it was filthy!

We called it The Food Wall! And DH repainted it before Pesach!

queen

Post Mon, Feb 06 2006, 4:36 pm
rav ganz of yerushayim says- dust is not chometz----- good for us mothers to keep in mind while cleaning.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Feb 06 2006, 4:43 pm
Yeah, but everything get cleaned lekovod yomtov.

chen

Post Mon, Feb 06 2006, 6:03 pm
SaraG wrote:

if you can and retain your sanity. but if you have ka"h a child or six and a fulltime job and a big house and no help, it's nice to know that you are not doing an aveirah if you don't wash your curtains, windows, and ceiling fan, polish the silver, mirrors and furniture, iron the tablecloth, dishtowels and matzah cover...

it is a good idea to wash the backsplash of your sink and the wall right behind the stove and kitchen counter because you do get food splashed there--esp. hot food. If your pesach pots are going to touch the wall, cover it with foil. painting over it is also fine. (I paint here & there where I can't get it clean--if I have paint left over-- for esthetic reasons. it just feels nicer, and is MUCH easier, to "erase" what's there rather than attempt to clean what cannot be cleaned.) but you don't have to go crazy and you certainly don't have to wash entire walls, nor do you need to cover up the wall where you hang your aprons and kitchen towels. and there is no halachik reason whatsoever to wash walls in rooms where you do not prepare food.

Mommy912

Post Mon, Feb 06 2006, 6:34 pm
How can you clean now for Pesach? Don't your kids mess things up? Aside from upper closets and high places, I find that it is just too aggravating to start cleaning too much in advance. I end up doing it again anyways. Somehow that Purim nosh has a life of its own.

proudmom

Post Mon, Feb 06 2006, 7:00 pm
well my office no kids are allowed so I am starting with it first. Then my bedroom and so on

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Feb 06 2006, 7:11 pm
I didn't say THAT.

Mommy912

Post Mon, Feb 06 2006, 7:38 pm
Good for you Proud!

shalhevet

Post Tue, Feb 07 2006, 2:45 am
deleted

Last edited by shalhevet on Mon, Feb 20 2017, 5:46 am; edited 1 time in total

lucky

Post Tue, Feb 07 2006, 10:50 am
SaraG wrote:

So you wash the walls for Rosh Hashona too???? Pesach cleaning and spring cleaning are 2 separate things.

proudmom

Post Tue, Feb 07 2006, 10:53 am
mummyof6 wrote:
Is the purpose of this thread to make everyone not as efficient completely weak-kneed and miserable? Walls? I hope I'll have enough time to get the chometz out... Some people have jobs, kids ...

no not at all, the purpose of this thread was to ask a question concerning washing the walls for pesach.

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Feb 07 2006, 10:54 am
I refer to my earlier post! I said, I didn't do that!!!!!!

Just the Food Wall!

chen

Post Tue, Feb 07 2006, 1:39 pm
and the response is basically, if there is actual food (not ineradicable stains) on the wall, and/or if cooking pots touch the wall, then it has to be cleaned, painted or covered over. otherwise, donchaworrynone.

Mommy3.5

Post Wed, Feb 08 2006, 10:25 am
I always use a sponge mop on all the walls. unless I know for sure no food has been in the room....which is not something that happens in my house! Its pretty fast when you use a mop, and imakes a major difference.

PS I never start cleaning before RC nissan!

raizy

Post Thu, Feb 09 2006, 11:43 pm
walls . u ladies make me shiver. how do u get your walls to stay clean. from now till pashach?

I am happy if I can get to all the surfaces ,drawers , chairs etc.

and yes I am planning on doing my china closet. that is when I will clean my meneroh from chankah. for some reason it is still sitting around with the oil and wax and gluck. I just stuck it all in the closet the last day of chanakah and it is still sitting there patiently to be cleaned.
ohh this year I am soooo behind in everything.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics