Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
When do you start cleaning for Pesach?
Previous  1  2

When do you start Pesach cleaning?
after purim  
 81%  [ 31 ]
just before purim  
 2%  [ 1 ]
shevat  
 7%  [ 3 ]
teves  
 5%  [ 2 ]
earlier  
 2%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 38

chen

Post Fri, Feb 10 2006, 9:07 am
years ago I made my own master shopping list for pesach. I make a new copy every year and start carrying it around somewhere in the neighborhood of purim. as I buy things on the list, I check them off.

certain items I put away with the pesach things from one year to the next. I write these down in a chometzdik notebook so that right off the bat I check off the list those things that I already have from last year and need not buy this year.

I also list in the notebook pesach products that we did not like and should not buy again. otherwise I forget from one year to the next and keep buying the same unsatisfactory stuff over and over.

chen

Post Fri, Feb 10 2006, 9:08 am
years ago I made my own master shopping list for pesach. I make a new copy every year and start carrying it around somewhere in the neighborhood of purim. as I buy things on the list, I check them off.

certain items I put away with the pesach things from one year to the next. I write these down in a chometzdik notebook so that right off the bat I check off the list those things that I already have from last year and need not buy this year.

I also list in the notebook pesach products that we did not like and should not buy again. otherwise I forget from one year to the next and keep buying the same unsatisfactory stuff over and over.

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Feb 10 2006, 9:42 am
I also keep a book, wrapped in platic, with m y tichels!

southernbubby

Post Fri, Feb 10 2006, 10:00 am
I cook for Pesach in the basement. After each Pesach concludes, I write down how many pounds of each vegetable, how much meat we used, motza poundage, etc. I also write down mishaps such as the CO alarm going off. Cooking in the basement means having the windows open all over the house to keep carbon monoxide from building up. I write down the number of guests, etc. I always post this on the Pesach fridge. Our married children's weddings were all between Purim and Pesach so that changed the way I allocated time. Sometimes Pesach cleaning is a mixture of re-decorating, shopping, organizing and cleaning things that are dirty but not chometzdik. That had to be eliminated during wedding years. This year I am recovering from an accident and can't go downstairs until I can walk. The auto insurance is paying the help so it is not a big concern.

chen

Post Fri, Feb 10 2006, 10:06 am
refuah sheleimah, southernbubby! great ideas.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics