Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Upsherin gift

amother

Post Wed, Feb 25 2009, 8:45 am
I live in a small OOT community. Somebody is making an upsherin - and we are invited just because it's such a small community that everybody is invited, kwim? What's a good inexpensive gift I can give? (Finances are pretty tight right now)......TIA Smile

supermama2

Post Wed, Feb 25 2009, 8:50 am
shopaholic sells hand made negel vasser sets and ships them. The set is around ~14.00 plus the shipping cost. I thought it really reasonable. I bought one for an upsherin recently and the family LOVED it Smile

Mrs.K

Post Wed, Feb 25 2009, 8:51 am
Many people didn't bring anything and I never expected them to. The people who did bring gifts just bought a regular toy that a 3 year old boy would like. Cars, trucks, etc.

One of the Rebbe's that my husband took my son to gave him an Alef-Bais book, like those reader things. My son LOVED it. It was without a doubt his favorite gift of the day.

Emee

Post Wed, Feb 25 2009, 8:51 am
I think that is a great idea they have all those cute ones with tzittzis and trains on them etc. You could also give a toy or childrens siddur.

dewyt

Post Wed, Feb 25 2009, 8:54 am
an Aleph Bais puzzle is nice, the kid is going to start learning them now....

http://www.eichlers.com/Produc......html

cl

Post Wed, Feb 25 2009, 9:22 am
u can buy a cheap negel vasser cup n bowl n decorate it urself

amother

Post Wed, Feb 25 2009, 9:55 am
(OP here)

Ok, let me rephrase - do I need to bring a gift? Tongue Out

mama-star

Post Wed, Feb 25 2009, 10:13 am
how about a nice handmade card, with lots of heartfelt brochos for the upsherenish'l?

shopaholic

Post Wed, Feb 25 2009, 6:00 pm
Thanks Sarah O!! But to answer your qu OP - you don't need to bring a gift if money is tight. I had people attend our upshernishes & not bring gifts.

Blair

Post Sun, Mar 15 2009, 4:20 am
No you do not have to bring a gift. With the current economic times it is not necessary.

chatouli

Post Sun, Mar 22 2009, 2:27 am
So I am going to an upsherin tomorrow and didn't have time to get a gift, although these ideas are so cute! Is it appropriate to give a check in honor of the little boy's education? Or is that just not done?

louche

Post Sun, Mar 22 2009, 3:27 am
chatouli wrote:
So I am going to an upsherin tomorrow and didn't have time to get a gift, although these ideas are so cute! Is it appropriate to give a check in honor of the little boy's education? Or is that just not done?

money for torah education is always appropriate.

Blair

Post Wed, Mar 25 2009, 8:02 am
No you do not need to bring a gift.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette