Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Where can I change a diaper in Bklyn- Ave J or 18th Ave Area
1  2  Next

Shalshelet

Post Sat, Mar 28 2009, 7:42 pm
We're looking to go shopping in Brklyn before Pesach and have a baby in diapers. Are there any places where we can go to to change a diaper - we will be coming via subway, so car/van is not an option.

TIA!

Mama Bear

Post Sat, Mar 28 2009, 8:11 pm
You can probably get into any restaurant or public library, or at worst try Kids N Action on Mcdonald avenue and pay entrance fee for yourself...

Shalshelet

Post Sat, Mar 28 2009, 8:22 pm
Thanks for your help Mama Bear. Do all the restaurants have baby changing areas? Are there ones that we shouldn't bother going into? I'd hate to have to run around with no luck.

octopus

Post Sat, Mar 28 2009, 8:26 pm
the restaurants are not going to have a baby changing station. I don't even know if the library has one either. But you will probably have better luck in the library anyway. there is one right off of avenue J and e. 16 (block after yeshiva of flatbush).

Mama Bear

Post Sat, Mar 28 2009, 8:31 pm
I doubt any restaurant has a baby changing station. I spread a towel on the floor and changed...

greenfire

Post Sat, Mar 28 2009, 8:33 pm
brooklyn is infamous for not having public bathrooms - not to mention stores that pretend they don't have them on the premises ... I wonder where they relieve themselves Confused probably why the subway stations smell like pee Puke

Lilkingdom

Post Sat, Mar 28 2009, 8:35 pm
At times when I need to change dd's diaper but have no changing table, I simply do so in her carriage. I don't like to do it but sometimes it's the only option. I go to a corner and do it quickly.

Shalshelet

Post Sat, Mar 28 2009, 8:39 pm
Wow! So, there's no baby changing stations at all shock? I'm not that excited to change a baby on a grimy floor that may not get cleaned often - even if I do put a towel down.

Shalshelet

Post Sat, Mar 28 2009, 8:41 pm
And I use a baby wrap instead of a carriage, so although an interesting idea, won't work for me.

greenfire

Post Sat, Mar 28 2009, 8:42 pm
totally use the stroller - quick and slick ... hopefully will be a warm day ... Sunny

Mommy3.5

Post Sat, Mar 28 2009, 8:57 pm
I change my kids in my car.

nicole81

Post Sat, Mar 28 2009, 9:02 pm
every library I've been in has had a baby changing station.

Mama Bear

Post Sat, Mar 28 2009, 9:43 pm
on a totally other note,shalshelet, you get kudos for coming on a train, shopping in brooklyn all totally with a baby in a wrap... doesnt your back get tired? can you truly shop with a baby dangling from yu? what if you want to put the baby down for some reason... wow, I cannot shop with a baby attached to me.

bnm

Post Sat, Mar 28 2009, 10:18 pm
there is a Marshals on 86 and 18, right next to the trains. they should have decent public bathrooms. I was never there so I can't verify it but try them

Kay

Post Sun, Mar 29 2009, 1:22 am
The library on J and 16th has changing diaper station.

Raisin

Post Sun, Mar 29 2009, 2:57 am
Mama Bear wrote:
on a totally other note,shalshelet, you get kudos for coming on a train, shopping in brooklyn all totally with a baby in a wrap... doesnt your back get tired? can you truly shop with a baby dangling from yu? what if you want to put the baby down for some reason... wow, I cannot shop with a baby attached to me.

maybe her husband takes turns.

mummy-bh

Post Sun, Mar 29 2009, 3:01 am
I have often changed a baby on my knee. but this means you need to find somewhere for yourself to sit down!

pinkbubbles

Post Sun, Mar 29 2009, 4:58 am
this reminds me of the time I spent in a mall that had ONE broken changing table. I took a blanket and changed DS on the floor in the middle of the mall. The stares! The glares! LOL

octopus

Post Sun, Mar 29 2009, 7:49 am
Even if you use the changing station in the library, bring a towel or mat. The bathrooms can be pretty disgusting.

QUEENY

Post Sun, Mar 29 2009, 10:42 am
Walgreens on Ave J and E 15th has a bathroom-big but I'm not sure if there is a changing station in there.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics