Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
What item of makeup would you buy if given a certificate?
Previous  1  2

Mirabelle

Post Sun, Mar 29 2009, 7:44 pm
Bare minerals is amazing!!!!

I have been a "convert" for 6 years and will use nothing else.

In terms of moisturizer I highly recommend the Olay regenerist products! They have them in Costco.

FLmom

Post Tue, Mar 31 2009, 1:55 pm
Benetint....Gives your cheeks and lips a gorgeous glow!

Twoisacharm

Post Thu, Apr 02 2009, 12:39 pm
Butterfly wrote:
Lady Godiva wrote:
I would buy perfume, but that's because I sell makeup.
I'd definitely recommend good brushes. If you already have those, good foundation is a good idea too (although spending tons on it doesn't always mean that it's better).

May I ask an expert in the field please?.. and other posters as well?
I need a good moisturizer for my skin and eyes. I am over forty five.. I have quite nice skin, but my frown lines are pretty deep, and my chin neck area is beginning to sag slightly.

Since I was reading here between the posts, about the mineral make-ups.. Bare Minerals.. I am tempted to try their products..
Would you recommend it in my case? Is it really safer for the skin than brand name make-ups?

I just looked into SEPHORA.com. They are advertising a starter kit from Bare Escentuals, brushes and all for $60.00 dollars.. (a $175. value.. so they claim.) Is it a smart investment? or is it best to buy just what I need in particular, like foundation, blush. How would I know what color to buy, when normally it should be matched 'personally' to the skin.
I normally use the med. beige color from a name brand co.

- im an esthetician by trade - facials, makeup etc - so depending on ur skin type I would rec a cream designed for a drier skin (simply because older skin tends to become dry) but one of my personal favorites (and its cheap!!) is Ponds dry skin cream...its thick so use a pea-size in th morning and invest in an eye cream - for me it was worth every penny!!

as for the makeup - go to a counter - tell them that ur looking for a new 'look' - get them to make u up completely....then say 'thank you so much - im going to continue walking around and after ive seen it in day light I wil come back' - DONT BUY STRAIGHT AWAY!!!!!!! then do as u say - see how long it lasts during the day and how it looks in day light more than often ppl buy foundations that are too yellow for their skin due to the bad lighting in the store!!!

good luck!!!!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics