Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Parents arrive on Sunday iy"H. HELP!!!

amother

Post Tue, Apr 21 2009, 12:57 am
The basement is beyond trashed. I dumped everything down there before Pesach and sold the whole thing. There is almost no actual floor space visible. I step on top of piles of laundry, boots, toys, junk just to get to the back part of the basement where the washer/dryer is. And even once I clean up the stuff from Pesach, there are all the kids' toys that never seem to stay organizaed. I don't know what to do and feel hopeless about ever getting it done. But it has to get done. How???? Sad

creativemommyto3

Post Tue, Apr 21 2009, 1:02 am
Okay, sort everything and put in garbage bags.. then take a few of them and sort each day.. do as much as possible each day.. and don't worry!

Mimisinger

Post Tue, Apr 21 2009, 1:03 am
Get everyone - kids, dh, etc. together. Feed snack. Bring downstairs. Put on fun music. Have plenty of labeled bins and large zip locks. No one gets dinner until it's all done.

amother

Post Tue, Apr 21 2009, 9:49 am
Thanks for the encouragement guys. Mimisinger I can't let dh and dc help with cleanup, because they will find a million things they want to play with/keep which I would have thrown out. I like doing it myself and getting rid of the junk. I'm going to go work now and see how far I get, if it's not happening fast enough I think I will do the garbage bag trick. Thanks guys. :-)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics