Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Who is thinking about Purim
1  2  3  Next

Tefila

Post Tue, Feb 14 2006, 5:49 pm
Are u organized? have u started shopping, thinking, or like me I'll worry about it Tommorrow. Very Happy

chen

Post Tue, Feb 14 2006, 6:34 pm
When am I NOT thinking about purim? it's my favorite holiday! I get to dress up in fun costumes, eat lots of goodies, sometimes see an amusing theatrical performance, and use the phone. I don't have to fry anything, kasher anything, build anything, invest in an aluminum foil mine, or worry every minute about setting the house afire.

goldrose

Post Tue, Feb 14 2006, 7:01 pm
chen wrote:
When am I NOT thinking about purim? it's my favorite holiday! I get to dress up in fun costumes, eat lots of goodies, sometimes see an amusing theatrical performance, and use the phone. I don't have to fry anything, kasher anything, build anything, invest in an aluminum foil mine, or worry every minute about setting the house afire.

very very funny! LOL But see, I dont have to wait to purim to eat lots of goodies!

chen

Post Tue, Feb 14 2006, 7:09 pm
true, but on Purim it's a mitzvah!

goldrose

Post Tue, Feb 14 2006, 7:12 pm
good point, I'll make sure to up my intake without feeling guilty!

queen

Post Tue, Feb 14 2006, 7:20 pm
30 days left!

RedVines

Post Tue, Feb 14 2006, 8:19 pm
Chen that was so funny and true!

Of course I am thinking of it, I am on bedrest! what else do I have to do...I am worried though bout shalach manos....and cant stop thinking about what my kids should be!

Alef Bais

Post Tue, Feb 14 2006, 8:30 pm
I already bought a baby Purim costume for this year (before the store has nothing left and also for a pre-Purim picture.) I'm thinking about whether I should take my baby to Sears Portrait Studio to do his portrait in costume like I did last year or just do my own digital photography. It's SO cute to attach the picture to shaloch manos Smile

shopaholic

Post Wed, Feb 15 2006, 4:31 am
I have a ducky costume for my youngest. Bought it around Halloween in Target. Still need for my other 2 though. We may be moving house around Purim so I may not be able to make as nice Mishloach Manos as I usually do.

chen

Post Wed, Feb 15 2006, 6:01 am
the greatest invention of the 20th century, IMO, was the communal mishloach monos project. those of us who are shall we say, not overendowed with creativity and artistic ability are nevertheless sending beautifully decorated and tatseful packages; instead of being inundated with chometzdik junk right when we need it least, we get just one nice assortment of things that we can liquidate quickly; those of us who are busy and stressed can relax with the knowledge that our packages will be bought, arranged, wrapped and delivered on time; and the shul, yeshiva or other org. makes a profit.

For those whose rov paskens that this is not yotzei the mitzvah of mishloach monos, all you need to do extra is make up one little package and send it to someone. A couple of hamantashen and a juice box to your next-door neighbor and you're done!

amother

Post Wed, Feb 15 2006, 6:22 am
I will be making soda bottles mishloach manos for the kids this year wish me luck
Tefila Wink

lucky

Post Wed, Feb 15 2006, 11:55 am
I'm not 'thinking' about Purim yet. I'm only having nightmares about it. Wink I need costumes for 3 boys ages 7-9-11. For the past 2 yrs they were kings. I had sewed them beautiful royal blue capes and knickers. They refuse to wear it a third year. Buying costumes (at $40 each,minimum) is quite expensive.

chen

Post Wed, Feb 15 2006, 12:15 pm
shepherd: bathrobe; dishtowel on head held in place with circlet of rope; shepherd's crook made from grandpa's cane or curtain rod with crook made of aluminum foil.

Tefila

Post Wed, Feb 15 2006, 1:23 pm
So I will prob dress the twins up as lechem mishna this year though knowing me I will change my mind again a week b/4 Rolling Eyes

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Feb 15 2006, 1:34 pm
We should make a Purim costume exchange!

chen

Post Wed, Feb 15 2006, 4:26 pm
Tefila wrote:
So I will prob dress the twins up as lechem mishna this year though knowing me I will change my mind again a week b/4 Rolling Eyes

oooh, wish I'd thought of that! but now they make their own costumes so I'll have to wait for einiklach. of course if we don't get twin einiklach they might have to be a challah and a bulkaleh...

amother

Post Wed, Feb 15 2006, 4:28 pm
Chen I'd love 2 take the credit (but it's not mine Sad ) though I will take cash Very Happy

Tefila Wink

lucky

Post Wed, Feb 15 2006, 4:36 pm
SaraG wrote:
We should make a Purim costume exchange!

I have 5 crayon costumes. 5 clowns. 2 brides. 3 kings. 2 princess
All sewn by me. I borrow them for freinds and family. But I don't have who to borrow from.

Tefila

Post Wed, Feb 15 2006, 5:15 pm
Quote:
I borrow them for freinds and family

Uh don't u perhaps mean lend Twisted Evil

lucky

Post Wed, Feb 15 2006, 5:57 pm
embarrassed Got me embarrassed
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics