Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Pump question

ILOVELIFE

Post Wed, Feb 08 2006, 11:08 pm
I have the evenflo hand held electric pump. It did a great job though a bit slowly. Now I got the medela pump in style and it goes very well but doesn't pump as much as my lil evenflo. I know it's not my milk supply cuz when I finish with my medela I switch to my evenflo and many times I get another oz or so...Am I doing s/thing wrong?

queen

Post Thu, Feb 09 2006, 12:45 pm
even after waiting 4 hours I get AT MOST 2 ounces!!
It is so frustrating, which is why I really don't pump much anymore.

PLUS- my baby has a mind of her own and stopped taking a bottle regardless of it being my milk or formula.

suomynona

Post Thu, Feb 09 2006, 1:00 pm
I also use the pump in style.

I don't get more than 3 oz. for a missed feeding - sometimes less.

So I started pumping while I nurse my baby on the other side. I get 2-3 oz. each time that way. I do that twice a day because I got too busy to pump while working. I combine both & send it to the babysitter for one feeding. Sometimes my son finishes it, sometimes he doesn't.

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Thu, Feb 09 2006, 4:08 pm
the pump in style has different settings. maybe try faster or stronger. Also, move the breastshield over a little, it maybe get out milk from a different duct.

queen

Post Sat, Feb 11 2006, 10:41 pm
how do you control speed on the PIS?

raizy

Post Sun, Feb 12 2006, 1:44 am
usally there is two ways to get it to go faster. the slow med fast. put that on the fastest. and the volume speed button put that on the fastest. that usally gets the most milk out fast. but sometimes slower will get the milk out more. but beware sometimes after awhile your body gets used to it. and wont pump u that extra bit of milk. or we humans get lazy and dont pump so exactly . like in the beginnig. but I do know that my sis pumped for months. and it worked really well.lots of milk.

chavamom

Post Sun, Feb 12 2006, 2:04 am
Queen - only the new versions of PIS have the speed setting. If you got an older one, it might not have this.

happy2beme

Post Thu, Feb 16 2006, 9:10 am
ilove life: I've been pumping 9 mo. the first 6 months a lot of milk came out. THe past 3- it's been difficult to come out- I now call up my baby to hear him talk & the milk comes shooting out Smile it's still not as much as the beginning but it's more than when I don't talk to him.

queen: my baby recently started doing this also- refusing to take a bottle by babysitter- what do you do? my baby is 9 mo old & im getting worried!

ILOVELIFE

Post Thu, Feb 16 2006, 10:10 am
I think I need a bigger cup or whatever it's called cuz my breasts are huge and the evenflo gets more of it in.

chavamom

Post Thu, Feb 16 2006, 10:13 am
They do make larger 'horns' that you can order for your PIS.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics