Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
Recipes for Brown Rice

1stimer

Post Mon, Nov 21 2005, 10:55 am
I'm looking for easy recipes for brown rice.

SV

Post Mon, Nov 21 2005, 10:58 am
My personal favorite:
sautee (in the pot you want to cook the rice in) onions and any other vegetables you like (I usually do peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes). Add water and rice (about 3 to 1 ratio), and ketchup/bbq sauce and any other spices you like. cook until the water is absorbed.

DL

Post Thu, Feb 16 2006, 8:21 pm
Wow. I have quite a few for brown rice. If you like tofu and spinach this one is good.Process one package of tofu until almost smooth. Put aside. Saute onions and garlic (alot of). Precook brown rice according to directions. Press water out of the spinach. mix all together and bake for one hour. It is an amazing side dish! If you like salt please add. Oh, pack it down well in the casserole dish. Another good one is lundbergs wild rice blend cooked under your fav.chicken pieces. I put one cup of rice in a large baking dish. 2 cups of water and spices.ie;rosemary garlic parsley salt pepper.Then I put the chicken on top. Spice that up with the same plus a little Braggs amino acids. Bake covered for 1 hour and uncovered until water is gone.YUMMMMM! let me know how you did!

southernbubby

Post Thu, Feb 16 2006, 8:40 pm
I really like rice pudding made of brown rice, vanilla rice dream and honey. I substitute those ingredients for the ingredients in regular rice pudding.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes