Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Strange Rash

amother

Post Sat, Feb 18 2006, 8:02 pm
My 10 month old infant just came down with a strange rash on his body. It's pink-coloured dots all over the torso, face, arms, and legs. When I spoke to his physician, he told me that it is probably something called "Roseolla" which is usually accompanied by a fever (which it is.)

I'm concerned because a neighbour came to visit over Shabbat and she suggested that perhaps it is a type of virus with which she is familiar which her daughter had-which is dangerous for pregnant women to be around (yours truly, which said neighbour does not know about yet)

I am obviously worried about all involved: my little boy, myself, my unborn baby. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thank you in advance for your help. Shavua tov!

elisecohen

Post Sat, Feb 18 2006, 9:15 pm
Sounds like she's suggesting German measles, which is almost non-existant in the US, Israel, and Western Europe today thanks to vaccination. There's virtually no chance that your baby has it (and even if he did chances are you were vaccinated in childhood and are still immune). Roseola does sound like the most likely diagnosis, and roseola is a pretty mild disease with no danger to you or your unborn baby as far as I know (and it's one of those childhood diseases pretty much everyone gets and you almost certainly had in early childhood, and thus to which you are immune). But talk to your pediatrician and/or OB again if you're concerned--they're the best source of information on what's going around in your area, what your child could have, and what if any dangers it poses to you.

daisy

Post Sat, Feb 18 2006, 11:58 pm
I think she might be referring to 5th disease that could be a problem during pregnancy? Or is it hand-foot-mouth? One of those. But if I remember correctly, it's only if the mom doesn't have immunity and most ppl do. Sorry I can't be more helpful. My dd actually has a rash too this weekend. No fever. She has little bumps all over her arms and legs that are not really red.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics