Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Nebbie Supper Tonight???
Previous  1  2

YALT

Post Fri, May 15 2009, 6:55 am
DS' supper every night is either hotdogs, cereal & milk, instant soup or yogurt. Once in a while he'll go for fish sticks. (he's on an "evening diet", and is limited to what he can eat, and for all the things he can eat, he's too picky!)

louche

Post Fri, May 15 2009, 8:12 am
freidasima wrote:
Supper? Wassdat? That's when you cut the loaf of bread and take out the humus and techina and maybe a pepper or cucumber and say "eat", right?

Right! Except here the bread is already sliced unless it's leftover challah from Shabbat.

chocolate moose

Post Fri, May 15 2009, 10:03 am
I cook but not every night. When I get complaints about the off nights, I wish my family wuld take the initiative to cook for us all, rather than complain.

greenfire

Post Fri, May 15 2009, 10:17 am
the problem here is that lately everybody is moody with what they eat - so I get frustrated when I cook and nobody eats ... especially cause I'm not into leftovers ...

OldYoung

Post Fri, May 15 2009, 10:28 am
we had a whole week full of nebby suppers!!! I love this thread. it makes me feel so good that I'm not the only one.

heffer569

Post Fri, May 15 2009, 11:34 am
Roche wrote:
heffer569 wrote:
I didnt serve dinner tonight. I gave dh a spoon and bowl and showed him where the cereal was. so he had cereal and milk for dinner and he was fine with that.

thats my kinda lady!

Im in school and work hard so Dh has been tought that during the week dont expect dinner. Cereal and milk is fine and very filling plus if he really wanted we live in brooklyn there are a ton of places he can go and get food.

cookielady

Post Fri, May 15 2009, 11:58 am
I have a few dinners that I make and it gets major eye rolls.

One redeeming thing about me is that I believe ice cream is the only correct breakfast on Shavous.

marina

Post Fri, May 15 2009, 1:16 pm
Personally, I wouldn't know a nebby supper if it hit me in the head. I cook gourmet cuisine for my family, with fancy three course meals and home baked desserts each night.

In my alternate parallel universe, that is.

louche

Post Fri, May 15 2009, 1:19 pm
Nebby Supper? Didn't she graduate from BY of Denver, class of '87? I heard she became a cookbook editor.

wanderer

Post Fri, May 15 2009, 1:30 pm
DH gets excited when I haven't cooked and he can eat his cereal and milk. Remind me, why do I cook in the first place?

louche

Post Fri, May 15 2009, 1:33 pm
colorful! wrote:
DH gets excited when I haven't cooked and he can eat his cereal and milk. Remind me, why do I cook in the first place?

Because you've been brainwashed into thinking your dh is incapable of taking care of his own nutritional needs AND because you've bought into the idea that a nutritous meal is by definition cooked and hot.

Either that or you got really nice cookware for your wedding and it's a shame to let them go to waste.

marina

Post Fri, May 15 2009, 1:35 pm
louche wrote:
Nebby Supper? Didn't she graduate from BY of Denver, class of '87? I heard she became a cookbook editor.

Yep. She and her best friend, Slutty House, were recently seen holding hands.

louche

Post Fri, May 15 2009, 1:40 pm
marina wrote:
louche wrote:

Yep. She and her best friend, Slutty House, were recently seen holding hands.
Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

You have made my day!!!!There's gonna be an item on the news tonight about a woman arrested for repeatedly bursting out in manic laughter on the intercity bus this afternoon.

Roche

Post Fri, May 15 2009, 2:58 pm
greenfire wrote:
the problem here is that lately everybody is moody with what they eat - so I get frustrated when I cook and nobody eats ... especially cause I'm not into leftovers ...

well once its on the table theres no turning back- eat or be unsatiated!

wanderer

Post Fri, May 15 2009, 3:32 pm
louche wrote:
colorful! wrote:

Because you've been brainwashed into thinking your dh is incapable of taking care of his own nutritional needs AND because you've bought into the idea that a nutritous meal is by definition cooked and hot.

Either that or you got really nice cookware for your wedding and it's a shame to let them go to waste.

ummm neither. I just love to cook and experiment - been cooking since I was 12.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics