Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
If you don't have money (cv's) wwyd?
1  2  Next

amother

Post Fri, May 15 2009, 4:02 pm
if you are in need of money, but you do not have (I dont wish that to anyone), would you ask a friend for her maaser money?
where would you ask for help?

greenfire

Post Fri, May 15 2009, 4:05 pm
why chas v'shalom ... it does happen to people ...

I have no money ... and no I wouldn't ask for somebody else's maaser ...

now if somebody wants to give me - I couldn't say no either ...

rexie

Post Fri, May 15 2009, 4:10 pm
If you really need help then I would contact a tzedaka organization or ask someone to do it on your behalf. Maybe a place like tomchei shabbos.
I do know someone who gives all her maaser money to her brother and his family. But asking s/o for their maaser money is different. This woman volunteers it. You'd have to be very close to someone to ask for it.

chocolate moose

Post Fri, May 15 2009, 4:20 pm
I don't see how. Perhaps it's proimised already.

amother

Post Fri, May 15 2009, 5:06 pm
what about if hypothetically, anotger amother would send you a check if you got in touch with them anonymously are you open to that setup? Sender doesnt know recipient recipient doesnt know sender, end of story? Anon email address for both, never to hear from it again, cash in an envelope? If it helps, Ill do it. no questions asked never talk about it again. If u r that desperate that u r asking on the net then I wanna help u amother.

amother

Post Fri, May 15 2009, 5:09 pm
amother, yes I will be open to that. even its a little embarasing.
I hope its maaser that you have. but how?

amother

Post Fri, May 15 2009, 5:35 pm
amother wrote:
amother, yes I will be open to that. even its a little embarasing.
I hope its maaser that you have. but how?

onetimeuseforme@gmail.com
I just made that email address up
send me an address to send $ to, I will send cash so that I never know who cashed it, I never want to know obviously.
Ill just put it in a manila envelope and mail it, thats it, no return address nothing, so make sure the address is right.
im by the computer now for a few more minutes. if I miss the email Ill sent it monday, but I would rather get it in the mail today if you need it so bad. It wont be much (im not loaded here) but what I have from mayser the past few wks, no problem.

amother

Post Fri, May 15 2009, 5:44 pm
thanks so much, anything is helpfull
what about paypal, can you use that? I have a email adress on that that I think is without my name.
paypal is easy to use.
I have to go nurse my baby.
be back later

amother

Post Fri, May 15 2009, 5:51 pm
amother wrote:
thanks so much, anything is helpfull
what about paypal, can you use that? I have a email adress on that that I think is without my name.
paypal is easy to use.
I have to go nurse my baby.
be back later

yes, pay pal is even easier!!!!
OMG, that is so much less nerve wracking than sending cash in the mail.
please send me your pay pal name to the email address (not name whatever your pay pal id)
im really happy about that.
ok, in that case, im not going to sit aorund by the computer. go nurse ur baby, and ill check this before shabbos. Ill either do it in the next hr, or I will do it motzei shabbos. either way the money transfer is instant right?? Great, Im really happy.

amother

Post Fri, May 15 2009, 5:53 pm
its taking a while to make email adress
perhaps we will be in touch after shabbos
tell me what you think of paypal (my dh always sais not to send cash, money by mail.)

amother

Post Fri, May 15 2009, 5:55 pm
markgelt@yahoo.com
thanks so so much
gut shabbos

amother

Post Fri, May 15 2009, 6:03 pm
amother wrote:
markgelt@yahoo.com
thanks so so much
gut shabbos

amother, when I log into paypal, it says, "welcome chana cohen" (thats not my name but whatever). are you going to see that "chana cohen has transfered $__ to your account?" if so I would rather send cash just in case I know you or you know me or we ever meet, you know what I mean? let me know. I dont think I can open up an account that doesnt say my name, because that is the name that is on the credit card I used to open the pay pal acct years ago.
Im going to wait till I hear from u (either here or on the email I made up), just because I dont want to embarass you at all in case my name comes up or anything. keep me posted gut shabbos im logging off now.....

amother

Post Sat, May 16 2009, 9:31 pm
I am not sure if it will say that the money came from you, but I assume so. but I dont really mind I think, I dot think I will be embaresd and who sais, perhaps I dont even know you, we might be from different communities.

amother

Post Sat, May 16 2009, 9:46 pm
ok done.
hope u dont know me, thats all.a gut voch.

amother

Post Sat, May 16 2009, 9:52 pm
Tizku l'mitzvos amother! Hang in there OP. We too are suffering terribly financially. My husband has not had work for almost 6 months. We have sold more than half of our seforim and slowly selling our personal belongings. The important thing is your shalom bayis and keep trusting that the Aibishter will help.

mommalah

Post Sat, May 16 2009, 9:55 pm
amother wrote:
I am not sure if it will say that the money came from you, but I assume so. but I dont really mind I think, I dot think I will be embaresd and who sais, perhaps I dont even know you, we might be from different communities.

It says the name on the PP account as well as the email address of the sender.
I just wanted to say that as catty as the women on here can get while debating it's nice to see that it is balanced with beautiful gestures of chessed as in the case of amother sending this other amother her maaser.

amother

Post Sun, May 17 2009, 11:01 am
thanks so much Smile
(I dont know who you are Smile
I always say, whenever I will have some extra, I will give someone in need IY"H.
the truth is that when we lived more comfertable, we always gave our maaser to people who needed it, siblings/friends.
Smile
Smile
Smile

amother

Post Sun, May 17 2009, 11:05 am
amother wrote:
Tizku l'mitzvos amother! Hang in there OP. We too are suffering terribly financially. My husband has not had work for almost 6 months. We have sold more than half of our seforim and slowly selling our personal belongings. The important thing is your shalom bayis and keep trusting that the Aibishter will help.

how do you sell it? I do have a nice amount of thinks I do not want but on ebay I was not succesfull and craigslist I do not want/like, cause they are all small items for cheap so it doesnt pay for someone to come by for it.

amother

Post Sun, May 17 2009, 1:57 pm
amother wrote:
thanks so much Smile
(I dont know who you are Smile
I always say, whenever I will have some extra, I will give someone in need IY"H.
the truth is that when we lived more comfertable, we always gave our maaser to people who needed it, siblings/friends.
Smile
Smile
Smile
no prob. glad I was able to help, even a bit. like I said, paypal is a little tough for me, since we guard tightly how much money we spend on the cc's there, to prevent overspending online. but Ill continue putting $ every few wks if you need. let me know in a wk or two and I can do the same thing

I am very relieved you didnt recognize my name. it said yours when it said you claimed the amt today, and B"H I didnt recognize it either.

amother

Post Sun, May 17 2009, 2:04 pm
amother wrote:
amother wrote:

how do you sell it? I do have a nice amount of thinks I do not want but on ebay I was not succesfull and craigslist I do not want/like, cause they are all small items for cheap so it doesnt pay for someone to come by for it.

We sold our seforim to jewishusedbooks.com. We sold many items in the community circular. We did not ebay or craigslist. Our house is pretty much down to the bare essentials now. I am praying that we get enough money not to pay the utilities and purchase the basics like toilet paper and trash bags. I don't mind as long as it is helping the family. I know how hard my husband is looking for work. We also used to give a lot of money to friends when we had, including loans we took out to help others in need. I'm certain that the Aibishter will help us with an income now. We're doing everything we know to do.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics