Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Is this guy good?
Previous  1  2

amother

Post Tue, May 19 2009, 12:16 am
ok- you asked for it- this is a piece by koussevitzky- its called akavia. (from pirkei avos)
its long yes- but this is chazzanus- (what I hear every day for years!)

[youtube][/youtube]

amother

Post Tue, May 19 2009, 12:49 am
This is more like it Very Happy

zigi

Post Tue, May 19 2009, 1:10 am
you click on the youtube video and it shows related videos by the poster, it has one with kids

wif

Post Tue, May 19 2009, 1:45 am
there ya go! THAT'S WHAT THE MAN'S VOICE IS MADE FOR!

amother

Post Tue, May 19 2009, 3:07 am
zigi wrote:
you click on the youtube video and it shows related videos by the poster, it has one with kids

Um, I think OP wanted to stay anonymous...

OP, your DH has a very nice voice... maybe no one here should discourage him. Voice lessons is good advice though. With studio equipment, even a mediocre voice can sound great, and your DH is better than mediocre. If he wants to try to make a CD, I wouldn't discourage him. If anything, you can give it away to friends and family. Wink

drumjj

Post Tue, May 19 2009, 4:15 am
I was going to say I wasnt impressed with the anovim but the chazonus is good. im used to chazonus also bc my husband is very into it

pinktichel

Post Tue, May 19 2009, 5:11 am
amother wrote:
zigi wrote:

Um, I think OP wanted to stay anonymous...

She posted the video with the kids on Imamother as well. Besides, she posted a video of him, not a soundtrack. Someone's bound to know who the guy is!
Btw, my Dh knows (of) yours, OP.

ss321

Post Tue, May 19 2009, 6:17 am
first few videos werent impressive at all IMHO. but the chazzanus vid was beautiful! that is what this guys voice is cut out for!

amother

Post Tue, May 19 2009, 6:34 am
amother wrote:
ok- you asked for it- this is a piece by koussevitzky- its called akavia. (from pirkei avos)
its long yes- but this is chazzanus- (what I hear every day for years!)

[youtube][/youtube]

where does he daven?? im crazy about this guys voice!! he is an AMAZING AMAZING FABULOUS out of this world... chazzon!!!!!!!!!

drumjj

Post Tue, May 19 2009, 7:49 am
to the op do u live in israel? I know someone there who does voice training. he taught a few chazanim I know

amother

Post Tue, May 19 2009, 10:46 am
aww thanks guys embarrassed

I was posting this becaseu there is not much $$ to be made off chazanus- although I suppose he could make a cd of that- yes chazanus is his thing- we live on the east coast of the us-
I don't mind that peopel know who he is- I just wanted to keep my screen name private- although if you are a really good detective you can figure me out anyways-
pink- where does you dh know him from?
he is about to accept an offer in a shul for this year- but nothing is final yet!

amother

Post Tue, May 19 2009, 10:53 am
I also think he has a great Chazan voice. I didn't listen to the whole thing, but from what I saw it sounds great. Plus, it doesn't seem to be an effort for him to sing it.

amother

Post Tue, May 19 2009, 9:19 pm
wow- I am impressed. I didn't know people still sang like this. It reminds me of the old days.
I'd love to hear more- and so will my husband who can't stop listening!

leomom

Post Tue, May 19 2009, 9:58 pm
Why so many anonymous posters gushing over his voice?

OP, his voice is indeed beautiful. He has a natural gift. Hatzlacha.

RightOnTarget

Post Tue, May 19 2009, 10:23 pm
Love the Chazzanus. Amazing and powerful voice.
How about making a CD on the Chazzonus.

Or as others mentioned, give voice lessons a shot.

Isramom8

Post Thu, May 21 2009, 4:21 am
He has a GREAT, strong voice, but it's raw material. What they do with guys that turn pro is "give" them a style, a unique singing personality. Listen to Avraham Fried's oldest albums compared to now. His voice was technically good, but boooring by today's standards. Even MBD was first "innocent sincere", then "Israeli", then "rock", and finally "Chassidish" - depending on what would interest and be accepted by the majority of frum buyers at different times.

My father made a CD of Yiddish folksongs, and he is really good, but there's no way he can sell it professionally on a large scale because his "brand" wasn't "cultivated" - he will remain just some anonymous guy with a good voice. The grandkids enjoy it though!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics