Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Phil and Ted

Imama

Post Mon, May 18 2009, 11:42 pm
Having read all the other posts about Phil and Ted strollers, I still have a few questions maybe someone can help me with...
1) Anyone know if the issue with the "Dash" has been rectified? Is it still under recall?
2) Anyone have the Vibe? Is it worth it, compared to the Sport or the Dash?
3) Not too sure what the difference is b/w the Sport and the Dash... anyone know (besides the brake position)?

Thanks!

yOungM0mmy

Post Tue, May 19 2009, 3:06 am
I have the sport and love it, but I know my aunt has the vibe, and it is much bigger, though I find my sport big enough for my kids. My sport fits perfectly into my car, but I am not sure the vibe would fit, so that would be something to consider.

amother

Post Tue, May 19 2009, 4:12 am
the sport I have, the only thing I don't like about it is that to shift if from lying to sitting is a pain in the neck. You have to close the straps in the back and you have to use mighty strength to get them to reach. they say it stretches after a while but in the meantime I have to take the baby out in order to lift it.

sky

Post Tue, May 19 2009, 6:48 am
I have the Sport and love it.

The things I heard they made better in the next models are:
1. Better recline - the one in the sport is pretty bad. I don't do it often.
2. Better brake - Although they have had problems with it. when I first got the sport it was very hard to put it on and take it off. (maybe it was my shoes, dh never had a problem) Now, after almost a year and a half it is easy to do and it is a strong break.
3. The foot rest - I heard on the upgraded models the foot rest is plastic. Its not a major deal - but it just sounds smarter then having fabric where they put their feet.
4. The fold - I heard the vibe is harder to fold then the sport. If that is true then that is bad. The sport takes some practice to fold.
5. The back seat suppport - the sport has an exposed bar when the backseat reclines. I heard they eliminated that on the newer models. For a small kid it doesn't matter, but when they get bigger you can't recline anymore because their head can hit the bar (it doesn't matter for me because my kids scream if I recline any carriage seat, even if they are sleeping)

That is all I can think of off hand

Ronit

Post Tue, May 19 2009, 7:15 am
I have the VIBE. I was told that its not worth the difference in price.... but I don't regret it at all.
the seats are very comfy for the kids- comes w/ removable liners/cushions. The brake is on the handle bar. It folds w/ both seats attached. you can fold it w/ one hand. the attachment seat reclines slightly. The dissadvantage is that the whole carriage is a little bit bigger than the other models, so it takes up more room, but on the otherhand this is why its roomier & more comfy for the kids. Astheticaly it's prettier too & it's lighter they say (bec its made from different...). I have it in black & red.

gluck w/ your decision. I went nuts deciding what to buy, but im happy w/ my decision.

Shap_E

Post Tue, May 19 2009, 7:44 am
I have the sport and while I find that it has many great features - easy to fold (and folds quite small for a double), narrow (which is mostly why I bought it), can be used as a single if you don't have both kids - it's not so easy to push with both kids in it. I think something like a mountain buggy would be much easier. Maybe the more expensive ones are easier to push? I know the vibe is lighter, although I dont know how much.

TzipG

Post Tue, May 19 2009, 8:00 am
costco.com has the phil & teds sport graffiti with doubles kit and adapter for bouncy seat for $299! I am not a member so there was a $15 surchage. after tax it came out to $337 shipped!!!

the colors are not the best, but I liked the red one the best.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/P.....en-US

YummyMommy

Post Tue, May 19 2009, 8:05 am
I have it and LOVE it! I have an older sport - which has some issues, (very poorly made, fabric is fraying) but overall it is such a cool design!!!!

I wish I could've gotten it at this price.

Ronit

Post Tue, May 19 2009, 8:11 am
wow that price is amazing - I spent a pretty penny on the vibe.
about the pushing - I compared it to double maclaren , double mountain buggy, double koelstra & found this the easiest to push & manuever. remember you are carrying 2 kids! its almost as light as my bugaboo when I use it for only one. yes I also enjoy that now that my bugaboo is in basinet mode then I use the vibe as a single if I am only going w/ my older one

Ronit

Post Tue, May 19 2009, 8:19 am
I see they have the vibe for cheap too!

raizs

Post Tue, May 19 2009, 9:25 am
I have the sport - I absolutely love it, even though I am aware of the disadvantages that everyone mentioned here, but I think its the best overall practical solution for the situation. I wouldn't buy it as a single, but the fact that it has option for both double and single, is narrow, and light, is great.

I had wanted to buy the vibe - but it was beyond my budget - when I see it around I still get the impression that it is quite good, and wonder if I should have made the extra investment. but...bh I'm really happy with this, even though its not as well padded, and the break is a little annoying (and of course its less cool looking...) recline etc in the sport is also awkward, its the same system in the dash, dunno about the vibe.

re the dash - I looked into it as well, but it was still in the middle of the recall issues so it wasnt available for sale - boy am I glad. I bumped into a friend last week who bought it recently and was shocked at how much HEAVIER it is than the very similar looking sport that I have - and it was with just one kid, who is much younger than any of the two that I put into my sport!! so if you're considering it, look into the weight issue closely

Imama

Post Wed, May 20 2009, 2:49 am
Thanks for all the tips and especially thanks to the person who sent the Costco link! The Vibe is also way cheaper there, so even if I decide on the Vibe, it's YAY for Costco!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics