Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Who is thinking about Purim
Previous  1  2  3  Next

Chani

Post Wed, Feb 15 2006, 6:06 pm
One of our neighbors made very cute mishloach manos last year. She took mason jars and had the kids decorate them for Purim and then filled them with layers of nosh - nuts, chocolate chips, licorice bits, pretzels, dried fruit etc. - They really looked great. For me, I always do the school mishloach manos for most people and make a really nice meal for a couple of people who could really use it (new baby, disabled, etc.).

sheshycoco

Post Sat, Feb 18 2006, 9:19 pm
I'm dressing my son in a dragon,he looks adorable in it, would never know he could be a dragon with his innocent face, I know it's quite shocking, but I think it's cute, my mother was quite shocked, so AIm pretty sure people here will be, but he really is cute, and I got it on sale.

BeershevaBubby

Post Sat, Feb 18 2006, 10:04 pm
For the past 3 years I've come with a great, easy and relatively inexpensive idea for Mishloach Manot.

I buy small containers with covers and small aluminum pans with covers. I make 2 different salads (tomato salad, eggplant salad, tabouli salad, mushroom salad, pasta salad, etc.) and put them in the small containers. I also bake a cake of some sort and bake them in the small pans. If I'm feeling REALLY industrious a small bottle of wine. This way, folks can use the salads and cake at their seudah.

queen

Post Sat, Feb 18 2006, 10:43 pm
baby will be dressed up as a sunflower.

ANY BRAINSTORMS AS TO WHAT THE ACCOMPANING SH.MANOS SHOULD BE???

Question Question Question Idea Question Question Question Idea Question Question Question

hisorerus

Post Sat, Feb 18 2006, 10:48 pm
Brownies baked in a flowerpot, with a big lollipop sticking out (glue on petals and a smiley face)?

Sunflower seeds? Smile

Crayon210

Post Sat, Feb 18 2006, 10:49 pm
No redeeming nutritional value, but...

Chocolate cake in a cheap pot, with green Laffy Taffy ropes coming out as stems of flowers, with some kind of fake flower (bought or drawn) attached to the stems.

This is a combo of a few ideas I've seen.

queen

Post Sat, Feb 18 2006, 10:52 pm
crayon- thanks for responding....
I actually DID think of that... but putting mousse inside.

but regardless of wether it's mousse or cake---- I'm afraid ppl will throw it out as who would find eating out of a flower pot tempting????

embarrassed

that's why I thought of posting as I'm pulling a blank on this one shock

hisorerus

Post Sat, Feb 18 2006, 10:55 pm
Queen, I posted that first! No fair! Wink (check the previous page for my other fantastic idea)

Crayon210

Post Sun, Feb 19 2006, 9:27 am
You could make a cute note...or put it in a container in the pot...(and make it obvious that it's a CLEAN flower pot)...

queen

Post Sun, Feb 19 2006, 2:16 pm
hisorerus- you should've copyrighted your idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MOM222

Post Sun, Feb 19 2006, 4:09 pm
there is a quote that goes something like

___ ____ a flower, I'd pick you!

And put together a few things that have flowers in it.
You can make a buntd cake in the shape of a flower. Or flower cookies...

Still thinking, will let you know if anything else Rolling Eyes Idea

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Feb 19 2006, 7:16 pm
My shlach monos is baked, my baby's costume bought, I just have to by containers and bags and I'm done. Smile I'm already cleaning for pesach.

<ducking because of rotten eggs and tomatoes youre probably pelting me with Wink >

hisorerus

Post Sun, Feb 19 2006, 7:23 pm
Oh, poor Mindy! Sounds like you'll be done way in advance, and you might get bored.

Don't worry, Mindy, you can always come over to my place- I'll save you something or 30 to help with, OK? Very Happy

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Feb 19 2006, 7:42 pm
I wont get bored at all Smile. I have a lotta appoinmtnet and stuff to take care of with my baby so I want to get stuff out of the way so I wont panic close to pesach.

amother

Post Sun, Feb 19 2006, 8:32 pm
I made my one batch of hamantashen (just to be yotzei) today and put it in the freezer. I sent my check for matonos l'evyonim this week. shalach monos we're sending thru the shul and the yeshiva. I have a costume that I wore to another event earlier in the year (who cares if ppl saw it already, it's a great costume), and I wrote my purimspiel months ago. (Creativity is not like a genie that you can summon on demand: creativity takes hold of you and it makes the demands. So if this means that a purimspiel suggests itself chanuka time, that's when it gets written.) I am waiting till rosh chodesh adar to put up the purim decorations, but otherwise I guess I am pretty much set for purim, too, except for the seudah.

oops--no--still have to send in the $ for shalach monos for the teachers. thanks for the reminder!

lucky

Post Sun, Feb 19 2006, 8:40 pm
I tried baking a batch of hamentashen, but they all opened into flat cookies. Confused But they were delicious LOL

What is the secret to Hamentashen that stay closed??????
I have succeeded some years, and some yrs they all flop.

Kumphort

Post Mon, Feb 20 2006, 12:58 pm
for sunflower costume, sunflower seeds, a bottle of water,

middy

Post Mon, Feb 20 2006, 5:37 pm
add gummy worms to the brownies in flowerpot. for the flower use a flower twisty lollipop. put in while still warm. I am doing a monkey theme this year. we are including banana shaped and flavored items... .(I can't give the whole thing away!!)

chen

Post Mon, Feb 20 2006, 7:34 pm
lucky wrote:
I tried baking a batch of hamentashen, but they all opened into flat cookies. Confused But they were delicious LOL

What is the secret to Hamentashen that stay closed??????
I have succeeded some years, and some yrs they all flop.

pinch the seams really, really tight. then pinch them a little tighter. you can make a rolled edge after pinching (like rolling down the top of a paper lunch sack) and pinch again.

supermom

Post Tue, Feb 21 2006, 1:35 am
amother wrote:
I will be making soda bottles mishloach manos for the kids this year wish me luck
Tefila Wink

that is exactly what I am going to do this year for my husbands friends. I did it one year it was so much fun and the best part is that some parents actually liked it kept there kids busy for at least an hour or so trying to open it. LOL fun to look at and make. enjoy making them. now if I can only think how I would be able to fit a beer bottle in the bottle without the hole getting to big I would be a maven. Very Happy any suggestions? bring them on!!!
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics