Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Making a Purim costume for baby

newmom

Post Thu, Feb 16 2006, 7:31 am
Does anybody have a good idea how to make an EASY costume for a baby? Sorry if this is already in another thread, but I don't recall seeing it.

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Feb 16 2006, 8:07 am
DS had Superman pj's which were bought for that purpose. Even came with a little red cape.

BlumaG

Post Thu, Feb 16 2006, 9:08 am
I bought a RED one piece for DD last yr and bought 2 pieces of black felt and red puff paint wrote CRAYON came out really cute not yet sure bout this yr yet

tport

Post Thu, Feb 16 2006, 9:26 am
If you have an outfit with an animal on it, you can make ears- like rabbit ears from felt, or dog ears etc. Its cute and easy.

suomynona

Post Thu, Feb 16 2006, 9:40 am
my son has a baseball player stretchie (carters), so I was thinking that if they sell baseball caps for babies, that would be a real easy costume.

Just realized he is wearing it in the photo Wink

suomynona

Post Thu, Feb 16 2006, 9:46 am
a lot of people dress up their baby like the opposite gender.

Chanie

Post Thu, Feb 16 2006, 10:34 am
My first son dressed like a farmer his first Purim. Overalls, plaid shirt, straw hat and bandana.
For my second sons first Purim, he dressed like a shabbos challah cover.
(both were part of my meshloach monos theme)

sheshycoco

Post Thu, Feb 16 2006, 10:36 am
newmom, why don't you pm tefilla, she always makes costumes for her kids, yearly, it could be she is just to busy to go on these forums, try pming her.

Crayon210

Post Thu, Feb 16 2006, 10:42 am
suomynona wrote:
a lot of people dress up their baby like the opposite gender.

This annoys me. Does anyone else dislike this?

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Feb 16 2006, 11:15 am
Yes. Ick.

chen

Post Thu, Feb 16 2006, 12:06 pm
wouldn't annoy me but I fail to see the point. at that age the only way you can tell is by checking their diaper, so what's the "kuntz"?

I don't know why anyone would want to dress up an infant, but if you swaddle him in a beige or brown receiving blanket he'll look like a blintz.

elisecohen

Post Fri, Feb 17 2006, 4:19 am
Or a burrito? But my oldest was born in Kislev, so she was only 3 months old at Purim; I got some brown fabric, and made a sort of triangle-shaped, padded hamentaschen costume with a little elasticized "sock" bunting for her so she was the filling.

southernbubby

Post Fri, Feb 17 2006, 4:59 am
If you start with an oversize T shirt, you can use fabric glue, felt, fabric paint, and any trims that you can think of and turn it into any costume. A red Tshirt can be the beginning of a fireman costume. It is easy to take on and off of the child as well.

chen

Post Fri, Feb 17 2006, 6:53 am
elisecohen wrote:
Or a burrito? But my oldest was born in Kislev, so she was only 3 months old at Purim; I got some brown fabric, and made a sort of triangle-shaped, padded hamentaschen costume with a little elasticized "sock" bunting for her so she was the filling.

Cute!

Tefila

Post Fri, Feb 17 2006, 12:55 pm
Thanks sheshycoco Wink Chen I agree well why don't you dress baby up as a blintz or burito or challah roll they look like one anyway lol.
And I did once years ago dress one of my sons as the opposite gender, though now thinking about it those who do u can a) see what they truly wanted or b) were too lazy to do anything else Confused

sheshycoco

Post Sat, Feb 18 2006, 8:53 pm
I'm sure some people think it's cute, but I knew when I was thinking of making my son into a girl this year, it was shear laziness.

supermom

Post Tue, Feb 21 2006, 1:50 am
or the reason for it is that you want your child to act like the oppisite gender all year round Confused if anything I should dress my four year old daughter as a pretty calm girl maybe that would calm her down a little bit. Confused

klotzkashe

Post Tue, Feb 21 2006, 3:37 am
I just made my son's purim costume (a torah) out of velvet, some fringing and some puff paints and rhinestones - it looks almost like a real torah mantel!
I used a hot glue gun which cost me about $6 and the glue sticks cost another couple of dollars. no need to sew anything as the hot glue keeps the fabric togehter just as well as stitches!

chen

Post Tue, Feb 21 2006, 6:40 am
Klotz, what a great idea! I shall have to write that down for my grandchildren when I have them IY"H. (I should only be healthy and active enough to want to make costumes by then...)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics