Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Do you dress-up for Purim???

lucky

Post Tue, Feb 14 2006, 1:38 pm
Do you dress up for Purim, or do you leave that for the kids?????

One year I was a yerushalayime woman.
One yr I wore a shpitzel.
One yr I put on a dark sheitel.

I need new ideas for this year.

red sea

Post Tue, Feb 14 2006, 1:59 pm
As a kid I thought it was so kewl when adults dress up.

mother of 2 princess's

Post Tue, Feb 14 2006, 2:00 pm
I have dressed up in the past. for me it was a bit weird cos in my family the adults dont dress up but when I got married my husbands family do. I wore a tinsel wig once and false coloured eyelashes. also I dressed up as a school girl with braides and a tie once. dont think ill dress up this yr cos im going to my family this yr.

chen

Post Tue, Feb 14 2006, 3:12 pm
Do I dress up? Does Purim come in Adar?

RedVines

Post Tue, Feb 14 2006, 3:21 pm
YES I DO! Come to think of it I have been massivly preggers for Purim, this will be my third purim with a belly! So I usually put on a silly scarf over my sheital, fancy eyelashes, funky makeup, wacky tights,

DH usually puts on my sholder length blond wig, with a tie dye shirt, yep we are the same things every year!

supermom

Post Tue, Feb 21 2006, 5:01 am
LOL LOL

I should get my husband to wear my sheital that would be funny!!! now how much longer to purim a three weeks? that should do it. I think I would start as soon as he walks into the door.

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Feb 21 2006, 6:47 am
of course. dressing up is so much fun and I try to think of things that have to do with v'nahafochu, like one year I was a jewish pregnant nun, my sister has been a rabbi, a backwards person. my mother always put a funny hat on and funny socks on. I once was marry poppins Very Happy

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Feb 21 2006, 10:05 am
Sure!

Two years ago I was a Geisha andgave out mishloach manos in Chinese take out food boxes.

I have been in clown (in a skirt)..

And this year IYH I'll be a hula dancer!

cindy324

Post Tue, Feb 21 2006, 10:36 am
One Purim I was Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz, and hubby was the scarecrow LOL Too bad I couldn't convince my kids to be the rest of the characters!

southernbubby

Post Tue, Feb 21 2006, 10:43 am
A friend of mine with teenage daughters showed up at the megillah reading in her daughter's school uniform, with her shaitel in a ponytail. We all did a double take. One stylish rebbitzen came dressed as an alta bubbie. One year the rabbi was a harley davidson motorcycle hippie. Adults can be so funny.

shanie5

Post Sun, Feb 26 2006, 12:08 am
I always dress up. usually w/ a family theme.
we did the wizard of oz (I was the witch), a marching band, crayons, a numbers theme, gypsies, body parts, clowns, the cat in the hat, getting ready for shabbos............
and a shaloch manos to match the theme.

this year is a bit tough. my sons bar mitzvah is 10 days b4 purim, so I've been too busy w/ that to think about purim.

anybody got a quick and easy idea for us?

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Feb 26 2006, 6:32 am
I have a friend who, including her there are 6 siblings and he two parents so that made 8 ppl, so they were a crayola crayon box, each one a different crayon LOL
you can also do a favrite book or nursery ryme, like the three little pigs or goldy locks and the three bears...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics