Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
6 month old baby, always hungry!

ShakleeMom

Post Sat, May 23 2009, 11:12 pm
My baby is getting an 8 oz. formula bottle every three hours on the dot, she inhales them literally! 2 hours later she's crying again. For the last 2 weeks she was waking up during the night 2! I started her on foods right after Pesach but she got such horrible diaper rashes, that I gave her a break for a week to get over it. I figured I’d start slowly. This kid is desperate for food.

So in summary – she’s 6 months old, 17 lbs, and can’t get enough of it. How much is normal and at what point is it safe to say, ok she had enough?! She eats everything I stuff into her mouth!

sarahla

Post Sat, May 23 2009, 11:58 pm
ok you know whats best...
a bb will not eat if not hungry...my little is BH almost 8 months and I started him on foods at 4 months and Bh he has appetite but I know when he doesn't want anymore 9he puts his hand in front of mouth and pushes me away...start simple...rice cereal and remember one food at a time for 2-3 days to see any allergies. I would also suggest to make your own bb food, its a pain but at least you know there is no added sugar and preservative!!!
you can also do apple sauce, mashed bananas, sweet potatoes, carrot (buy organic) , white potatoes ect...
Good luck Smile

Merrymom

Post Sun, May 24 2009, 3:28 pm
This is completely normal, although I would get a slow flow nipple and start her on some solid foods.

ShakleeMom

Post Sun, May 24 2009, 4:26 pm
well hurray, she spent the night vomiting her brains out. today it's only pedialyte for her!

Merrymom

Post Sun, May 24 2009, 4:49 pm
ShakleeMom wrote:
well hurray, she spent the night vomiting her brains out. today it's only pedialyte for her!

I would not play around with the baby's health like that without speaking to a doctor first. The baby needs her nutrition. I don't know the total amount that you are feeding her which can explain the vomiting but to put her on only pedialite? Why would you do that?

chocolate moose

Post Sun, May 24 2009, 5:06 pm
Ask your dr. Some foods are better to start on than others. We started with orange and yellow fruits and veggies. Some prefer cereal but I hear that's constipating.

ShakleeMom

Post Sun, May 24 2009, 9:28 pm
Re: the pedialyte, the doctor told me at 5 am that I should give 1/2 an ounce of water every 10 minutes for two hours, then switch to pedialyte as much as she can hold for the next 12 hours. B'H it stopped the vomiting!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics