Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
HELP Moving next week

Flowerpot

Post Mon, May 25 2009, 9:37 am
yes I know its very short notice. but I still will be doing it. so please share your most succesfull tips ideas etc....

Flowerpot

Post Mon, May 25 2009, 12:28 pm
anyone out there how do I pack my dishes? can I trust the movers with my silver?

saboni

Post Mon, May 25 2009, 1:08 pm
For your dishes get packing paper, you can get it at the Home Depot or any other moving place. It's basically newspaper without print. Wrap each dish separately, especially if you are moving far. I would not trust movers with packing silver, or anything else valuable for that matter. You can pack the silver in the same paper as the dishes.

Some tips:
-Try craiglist for free boxes (search under free), or buy them at the Home Depot (the cheapest place).
-Label all your boxes well (you think you'll remember what you packed but you don't).
-Make sure to pack all sforim or books in the small boxes, otherwise the boxes will be too heavy.
-Get a flat rate mover (not per hour), it usually ends up taking much longer than expected. Our movers estimated it would take 9 hours to pack us up and unpack in our new house, and it took 13 (!).
-Try not to leave anything to pack on moving day. Even with all the packing beforehand you'll probably be left with a few dozen odds and ends that you don't know what to do with. (I think that's the hardest part of all Confused )

Also, try to unpack in the first few days when you move in, otherwise some boxes just won't get unpacked.

We just did this recently - it's a big deal but just take it one step at a time and before you know if you'll be settling in to your new place. It's really just a few days of hard work.

Good luck!

Flowerpot

Post Mon, May 25 2009, 3:59 pm
oh wow u ran over the whole deal thank u

so where do I get the paper 4 the silver and dishes?

Flowerpot

Post Mon, May 25 2009, 7:51 pm
do u know the name of the paper?

saboni

Post Mon, May 25 2009, 8:49 pm
Here's a link to the paper we used (not from this company though, I think we bought ours at Home Depot)
http://www.ecobox.com/Moving-S.....per_2
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating