Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Great clip from Britans Got Talent
Previous  1  2

farfromhome

Post Thu, Apr 23 2009, 6:22 pm
ummm... here's what I don't get. isn't it obvious from her speaking voice that she could sing?? I know some people have great speaking voices and can't carry a tune, but I didn't think it was such a far stretch!

anon

Post Thu, Apr 23 2009, 7:24 pm
Perhaps the media has sensationalized the contradiction of her being a "Plain Jane" yet incredibly talented. But I don't think that's what made ppl judge her before she opened her mouth.

I watched the clip not knowing the what outcome would be. And before she started singing, I assumed that she would be a big joke (like the typical idiots who audition for american idol) because she's a goofball. Nothing to do with her looks, and I don't think that most ppl would assume that an unattractive woman can't be an incredible singer. I give ppl more credit than that. But I, plain and simply, thought she was a little "off" and therefore it followed (in my mind) that she would likely be a joke onstage. And, for the record, I still think she may be a little "off"....so for me, the humorous contradiction was her being somewhat strange, and then shocking everyone with her incredibe talent.

Mimivan, btw, there are lots of ppl who think that the whole thing was set up. I wouldn't be surprised if it was. Simon's reaction was so atypical of him (cupping his chin in his hands with admiring eyes) that it made me almost not believe it.

NativeMom

Post Thu, Apr 23 2009, 9:39 pm
anon wrote:

Mimivan, btw, there are lots of ppl who think that the whole thing was set up. I wouldn't be surprised if it was. Simon's reaction was so atypical of him (cupping his chin in his hands with admiring eyes) that it made me almost not believe it.

I was thinking the same thing.

I'm also getting really disgusted with some of these shows. For example the beginning of American Idol always shows the auditions and some of them are horrible and humiliating for the people trying out. I think most of the people who go on these shows no what they are getting themselves into-I'm not saying this is an excuse for the way the judges treat them.

As I said before, I found her performance amazing and so effortless-she kept a smile on her face even though people were laughing and rolling their eyes.

Raisin

Post Fri, Apr 24 2009, 6:15 am
I think one of the judges at least knew she had a good voice.

I've never watched any of these shows but why would talentless people even enter?

ValleyMom

Post Fri, May 01 2009, 10:21 am
In this day and age it's ONLY about how you look... It's quite unsettling and disturbing that this is what our society worships.

DefyGravity

Post Fri, May 01 2009, 12:34 pm
All these shows, such as American Idol, have at least one round of judging before these people make it to the main judges. They're all contrived and a lot more scripted than you think.

I do believe that she is a bit off, in the People article from last week, it said that she's delayed a little bit, or something like that.

greentiger

Post Sun, May 03 2009, 4:44 am
I think a lot of people are missing the point. BGT is not only about talent, its about delivering a good performance, and you can like it or not but a good performance is a lot about looks and charm.

Mama Bear

Post Thu, May 28 2009, 12:10 pm
oh dear.

http://www.nydailynews.com/gos......html
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics