Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs
Dangerous Lollipops!
Previous  1  2

chavs

Post Thu, Mar 26 2009, 8:56 pm
from everything I have read I want to mash all my kids food from now on or puree it.
I also cut the grapes generally. I would never had suspected peanut butter though, scary!

octopus

Post Thu, Mar 26 2009, 9:22 pm
If I remember correctly (though it could be they changed it) if a child is small enough that you can pick up somewhat upside down (think leaning on your forearm) and tap their back with palm of hand that helps with choking.

Twizzlers

Post Fri, Mar 27 2009, 12:13 pm
I do not allow any of these things into my house for this reason. I am really in shock when I see 2 year olds or younger eating lollipops, taffies and the like; they are so dangerous.
That being said, I think I will teach my son how to eat a lollypop and taffys before he goes to school just in case one of his friends decides to "share"

GAMZu

Post Sun, Mar 29 2009, 1:53 pm
I saw a 2 year old chewing gum. shock

GoodEnough

Post Mon, Jun 15 2009, 8:48 am
Just want to add that it is possible to choke at any age. I was 6 or 7 and was licking a flat lollypop, then the stick came off and was sucking it in my mouth like a regular sweet. I was talking and laughing and then one second to next this massive lolly pop got stuck in my throat. I'll never forget that feeling - I thought I was going to die. My mother was just after a baby, she was the one that noticed what happened to me and she just started yelling hysterically. My father turned me upside down and one of my uncles banged my on my back. I don't remember if I ended up swallowing it or if it came out, but I do remember that my throat felt sore for days afterwards. I remember that I wasn't staying home at the time but I had just come to visit my mother and new baby for a few minutes, that's why my father and uncle were there.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics