Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Round pans where the bottom insert comes out

e1234

Post Wed, Jun 24 2009, 11:07 am
I bought 2 round pans where the bottom of it comes out.
I took them apart to send them to be toiveled and now no matter how I put them back together anything put in them just leakes out.
Does anyone have any ideas of what I'm doing wrong?
I'd hate to throw out 2 pans that I just bought brand new.

Tamiri

Post Wed, Jun 24 2009, 11:37 am
They are called springform pans. I am guessing you didn't buy "top of the line", and that's what happens with inferior merchandise. I learned the hard way. I saw a video of chef here in Israel, making a cheese cake. I guess she too bought inferior merchandise because the first thing she did and said to do was take THREE layers of baking sheets (neyar afiya) and line the springform pan with the, specifically to prevent leakage.
The first time you do this and bake in your springform pan/s, I suggest you put a pan on the rack underneath them to catch any possible drips. If nothing drips, you know the three layers did the trick!

e1234

Post Wed, Jun 24 2009, 12:47 pm
that is really annoying.
I don't like baking paper.
I guess I may just throw them out - what a waste of money.

Marion

Post Wed, Jun 24 2009, 1:18 pm
I think springforms are just like that. Anything that comes apart can leak! Springforms are the only thing I ever saw my mother use baking/parchment paper for. One layer, not 3, cut to come up the sides only about a cm over the seam.

sky

Post Wed, Jun 24 2009, 2:31 pm
I find it depends on the amount of liquid inside. I have a great farberware springform and it still leaks. If I make a crust with oil or marg very often the oil will leak out. I don't use parchemnt paper inside. I line the outside of the bottom with foil to catch any spills in the oven and another piece of foil on the oven shelf just in case.

ruthla

Post Thu, Jun 25 2009, 3:02 pm
These pans also work a lot better with very thick batters, rather than thin liquidy ones.

sympa

Post Thu, Jun 25 2009, 3:09 pm
Mine leak too. But I find lining the OUTSIDE with tinfoil works better (=easier, doesn't change shape of cake/pie) than lining the inside with parchment.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics